Main Menu

April Fooled

Started by Scruffie, April 01, 2019, 12:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX

HamSandwich

somnif

Time to work up that 4 second delay with nothing but 1024 stage bbd's!

gordo

Dammit, you got me.  I might have pee'd just a little.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

diablochris6

Why bother? I heard PT2399s are just SAD1024s with a different IC footprint.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

peAk

alanp

Dead link? (It is the *second* of april, after all...)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Scruffie

Quote from: alanp on April 01, 2019, 09:01:32 PM
Dead link? (It is the *second* of april, after all...)
Oh don't try to weasel out of it on a time zone technicality, I got you.

Quote from: HamSandwich on April 01, 2019, 12:27:37 PM
Ah you SOB.
Yes, yes I am :D
Works at Lectric-FX

Bret608

Well played, sir, well played! You got me hook, line and sinker.  :)

alanp

Thing is, that with all the reissued ICs recently from Alfa Rpar, Xvive, Coolaudio, and possibly some other fabs, that the SAD1024 being reissued sounds VERY plausible, as opposed to usual April Fools faire like three legged sheep or no-cable pedals.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX

peAk

Quote from: alanp on April 02, 2019, 08:27:14 AM
Thing is, that with all the reissued ICs recently from Alfa Rpar, Xvive, Coolaudio, and possibly some other fabs, that the SAD1024 being reissued sounds VERY plausible, as opposed to usual April Fools faire like three legged sheep or no-cable pedals.

yeah, exactly. thats why it got me.

somnif

I think the tricky bit is going to be parts rights.

Panasonic is still around, easy enough. Same with Excelitas for the vactrols, they're a public, profit generating company, all it takes is a few "hey we want to buy this old crap" phone calls.

Reticon? Well, its complicated, but after a bunch of sales, mergers, and shuffles, well they're now part of the US Department of Defense. So its entirely possible that their tooling and design docs are now technically classified information.

And, either way, I can't see Uncle Sam bothering with the headaches for a few noisy delay chips. (And even if they wanted to, government paperwork means it would be 50 years before it got through committee)

benny_profane

Quote from: somnif on April 02, 2019, 02:15:15 PM
Reticon? Well, its complicated, but after a bunch of sales, mergers, and shuffles, well they're now part of the US Department of Defense. So its entirely possible that their tooling and design docs are now technically classified information.

And, either way, I can't see Uncle Sam bothering with the headaches for a few noisy delay chips. (And even if they wanted to, government paperwork means it would be 50 years before it got through committee)

I'm envisioning an amazing x files episode where BBDs contain cypher keys or are a crucial element of alien technology.

nzCdog