News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NTD (new trumpet day)

Started by EBK, April 08, 2019, 03:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

In my band, I play bass and trumpet. 

For the past year or so (it's a bit fuzzy), I've been playing (at gigs too) a dented up trumpet with broken welds, a chunk of cork filling in for a missing water key seal, and a stuck tuning slide.

That ends today.  8)

This is technically a rental, but if I like it well enough during the one month term, I will buy it.  It definitely sounds "snappier" than the broken horn I have been playing.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

mjg

I'm wondering how you play bass and trumpet at the same time.  That's talent.   ;)

I know nothing about trumpets, but that looks like a nice shiny one.  Very cool.  8)

EBK

Quote from: mjg on April 08, 2019, 03:27:39 PM
I'm wondering how you play bass and trumpet at the same time.  That's talent.   ;)

I know nothing about trumpets, but that looks like a nice shiny one.  Very cool.  8)
It would be interesting to tap out a bass line while playing trumpet at the same time.  I'll have to try that sometime.
(I actually hand off the bass to another guitarist).

Yes, it is super shiny, and it came with gloves and a polishing cloth to keep it that way.  Not sure how long it will take before I treat it like a trumpet instead of the Stanley Cup.   :P
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

gordo

Herb Alpert cover band anyone?  Very nice, congrats!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

matmosphere

EBK

Quote from: Matmosphere on April 08, 2019, 03:59:45 PM
Did you go to foxes music?
I went to Amazon.  I've grown too weary of brick-and-mortar, other than Costco.  Mostly, it is my kids who have made shopping too impossible to do during the daylight hours.

matmosphere

Quote from: EBK on April 08, 2019, 04:10:04 PM
Quote from: Matmosphere on April 08, 2019, 03:59:45 PM
Did you go to foxes music?
I went to Amazon.  I've grown too weary of brick-and-mortar, other than Costco.  Mostly, it is my kids who have made shopping too impossible to do during the daylight hours.

I can relate to that. 3 kids + dad + store = no fun for anybody

I didn't know amazon rented band instruments.

EBK

Quote from: Matmosphere on April 08, 2019, 06:46:32 PM
I didn't know amazon rented band instruments.
Neither did I until I started shopping.  ~$15 for a trumpet per month, with that full amount being subtracted off of the buy-it price, and with free return shipping included, I figured it sounded like good enough reasons to try it.