News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Proper way to turn ON an unplayed tube amp?

Started by fair.child, April 11, 2019, 08:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fair.child

Quote from: alanp on April 17, 2019, 09:47:51 AM
2203 is the code for Marshall JCM800 100W version.

Recto will be a Mesa Triple Rectifier amp -- the ones with faux diamondplate on the front.

I might be mistaken by the name for Rectifier. I believe it's Dual Recti 100W with Three Channel Non Multi Watt version. Correct the JCM800 2203 is the 100W version. The church I'm playing with now has Blues Jr and AC15 but I swapping the Blues Jr in and out with MK2C+ when I'm playing. I really like the 2C+ lead tones but I don't like to transport it every week. So, I think giving the Dual Rectifier to my church and let it be permanent there is the end goal. Just leave it there and let the lead worship pastor plays it as well. FYI, I don't play every week.

fair.child

Quote from: Marshall Arts on April 17, 2019, 08:58:18 AM
Quote from: fair.child on April 17, 2019, 07:14:12 AM
It might end up for the church and they usually write tax break for me. Two years ago I donated my JCM800 2203 to church and they did write tax break for me. The main reason I guess because we were moving out of state and we weren't able to bring everything. Instead sell it quickly, we just decided to donate it to church because they will keep continue use it weekly and the worship team know exactly what to do with the amp.

I have a feeling the recto will go the similar route which is I'm more than happy to spend more converting from 220V to 110V.
It's obviously been too long since I went to church. 2203? Rectos?

I guess you gotta celebrate Easter, my friend!

Marshall Arts

Looks like... :-) In my church, we only had a Laney Linebacker 30 Watt transistor amp...

Marshall Arts

Quote from: alanp on April 17, 2019, 09:47:51 AM
2203 is the code for Marshall JCM800 100W version.

Recto will be a Mesa Triple Rectifier amp -- the ones with faux diamondplate on the front.
Of course... I was more surprised to see these in a church :-)