News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PCBs from Germany can no longer be sent as letters...

Started by Marshall Arts, April 15, 2019, 05:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall Arts

Just checked for international shipping rates, as my Eoo3 packages are a bit heavier and thicker than usually. Seems like the difficulties you guys had with the change in the USPS rates some time ago now strikes in Germany as well:

https://www.deutschepost.de/de/b/briefe-ins-ausland.html

Google translates:
"From 1.1.2019 only documents in letters can be sent abroad. For the dispatch of goods business customers can use the goods post internationally, private customers please use for goods abroad the DHL Päckchen International (NEW: starting from 4,89 €) or the package International."

That means, that from the beginning of 2019, a single PCB from Germany comes with a shipping fee of at least (!) 4,89 Euro for EU-recipients and 8,89 Euro.

Phew!

TFZ

You can register as business customer and use that, they don't check and don't care if you actually are. Just use "free artist" or some bullshit, worked for me. Also, I still sent several envelopes with a single small pcb in it, they all arrived. Just wrap it in enough paper so the whole envelope becomes stiffer. I don't know if they actually xray the stuff, or just do manual random tests, but 4/4 arrived.

Willybomb

Put the pbc in a birthday card, send that in an envelope.

jkokura

Quote from: Willybomb on April 15, 2019, 07:20:04 AM
Put the pbc in a birthday card, send that in an envelope.

Uh, birthday cards would only add to the expense. You have to buy those too.

I've been shipping PCBs forever, and you have to ship them as your post service asks you to. In this case, it's just part of the cost of ordering. Don't worry about it MarshallArts, people will still buy your stuff, it's just an unfortunate cost of doing business.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

kaeisy

Within the EU and without tracking it is possible, look here:
https://www.paketda.de/ausland/warensendung-international.php

Just used that for shipping a switch to scruffie in GB with no problems.

Willybomb

QuoteUh, birthday cards would only add to the expense. You have to buy those too.

I get them from the local opshop for cents in the dollar.  They're not all birthday cards.  Some are "Congratulations on your engagement/child/divorce", which makes it a bit more interesting for me.

Marshall Arts

Quote from: Willybomb on April 15, 2019, 05:58:24 PM
QuoteUh, birthday cards would only add to the expense. You have to buy those too.

I get them from the local opshop for cents in the dollar.  They're not all birthday cards.  Some are "Congratulations on your engagement/child/divorce", which makes it a bit more interesting for me.
I will have to check, if I ever see divorce-congrats-cards over here... :-)

bsoncini

I juste ordered some stuff from musikding last week. Didn't weigh a lot but more than some pcbs and was a somewhat big envelope. Shipping to France was 2,10€. Maybe they have a special deal with Deutsche post or they are eating the extra cost.

Marshall Arts

Yes, within Europe and if you are sending business, it's ok.

Private, to the US, according to the rules, you need to send 'Päckchen international XS', which is 8,95 EUR.

I will look into the business options...

Andlord

Yeah, it sucks. Anyhow, I shipped about 10 letters with PCBs so far this year and all arrived. Each time they ask "Is only paper inside?" than I nod and pay.