News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion Procyon | BJFe Honey Bee Clone

Started by Caedarn, April 18, 2019, 07:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caedarn

I started building pedals about 2 months ago, and have completed a few so figured I'd post the builds here.  Although I'm not sure it's smart to post after pickdropper - he's an impossible act to follow!

This is the first pedal I completed - an Aion Procyon, which is a clone of the BJFe Honey Bee.  Kevin's projects and build docs are great, especially for noobs like me.

I sourced the parts from Mouser and Small Bear.  The enclosure is an orange anodized finish from Pedal Parts Plus.  The finish is very cool, but way too rough for water slide decals as I learned the hard way.

I think I spent more time on the label than I did building the pedal.  I didn't know what "Procyon" meant, so I looked it up and saw it's a star system in the constellation Canis Minor.  So since Canis refers to dogs/wolves, I figured I'd use a Wolf graphic on the pedal.  (And by coincidence, I stumbled across a thread the other day that showed pickdropper's pedal board - and he had built a pedal with the same graphic.)

I'm going to re-do the label with black vinyl decals in the near future.

The pedal sounds really good.

I'm strictly a bedroom player now, but I love experimenting with the different tones you can get from various pedals and trying to replicate the tones of the great guitarists I've loved listening to since I was a kid.

TGP39

Very impressive.   I've been building for years and my pedals don't look this clean.  Keep up the great work. 
-Steve
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

pickdropper

That looks great.  Very clean and well executed.  Obviously, I like the graphic, too.  :-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper