News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mouser appears to be charging sales tax now

Started by madbean, April 19, 2019, 09:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I guess the title sums it up. FWIW. Or, at least they now include the estimated sales tax at check out.

fair.child

selfdestroyer

Quote from: fair.child on April 19, 2019, 03:34:29 PM
They always do, don't they?

Hmm, Im wondering the same thing. I looked back on 3 different invoices from 2017,2018 and 2019 and I have sales tax on all of them... Unless i'm missing something

somnif

Online sales tax has always been a state-by-state thing. Could be your state just happened to change its rules recently. For me (AZ) its been charged for ages.

fair.child

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 19, 2019, 06:27:03 PM

Hmm, Im wondering the same thing. I looked back on 3 different invoices from 2017,2018 and 2019 and I have sales tax on all of them... Unless i'm missing something

Because we are in California where the housing prices are high and gas taxes keep increase. Median house price California 2019 is $510k where Nationwide median housing falls on $270k. I am just venting it out, especially about the gas prices. It's insane!

madbean

1st time for Mouser sales tax for me (in Tenn that is - in Texas I paid sales tax).
Been paying tax for Amazon for quite some time.

TGP39

I believe if the company has a 'physical presence' in the particular state, sales tax must be charged.  Maybe Mouser has a new warehouse in Tennessee now?
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

HamSandwich

Quote from: fair.child on April 19, 2019, 08:48:32 PM

Because we are in California where the housing prices are high and gas taxes keep increase. Median house price California 2019 is $510k where Nationwide median housing falls on $270k. I am just venting it out, especially about the gas prices. It's insane!

Just filled up at Arco, usually the only reasonable one, and it finally went above $4 😑

dont-tase-me-bro

It is probably because of the recent Supreme Court decision in wayfair v South Dakota.  A lot of orders that were tax free in the past will be changing
I thought this would save me money.

Durrioz

Quote from: fair.child on April 19, 2019, 08:48:32 PM

This is true! California is really expensive plus on top of that we have property maintenance costs in the USA https://tranio.com/usa/maintenance/ and taxes and so on. If you don't have a good job and salary it can be really hard to manage.