News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Updated Mini Klon layout

Started by pickdropper, April 18, 2019, 05:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

I've decided to tweak both the layout and the artwork of my Mini Klon builds.  I did two slightly different variants of both the PCB and the footswitch and moved the LED off-board since I never wired it where it was on the board.  Still a bit of pain with the amount of wires going to the board, but it's better than it was. 

I decided to change the artwork at the same time.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

So clean man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Caedarn

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

m-Kresol

nicely done and perfect layout. I just don't get why you'd use a 3pdt for a klon.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

selfdestroyer

pickdropper

Quote from: m-Kresol on April 18, 2019, 08:42:02 AM
nicely done and perfect layout. I just don't get why you'd use a 3pdt for a klon.

I like the physical form factor of that particular switch.  I only use two of the switches in it.

And, believe it or not, I've had fewer problems with the 3PDT switches than the full-size DPDT footswitches.
Function f(x)

Invertiguy

That looks amazing! So clean! How did you do the graphics, screen printing?
Doomsday Devices

TGP39

Fantastic layout.  I have to remind myself constantly that this is a 1590A. 
I have been using more of the 3PDT switches lately also.  Hopefully, they last. 
-Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

pickdropper

Quote from: Invertiguy on April 18, 2019, 04:10:58 PM
That looks amazing! So clean! How did you do the graphics, screen printing?

Thanks, the enclosures are laser etched.  The gold one is back filled with ink.
Function f(x)

temol

Hi

Is there any space left between jack sockets and a pcb? What socket did you use here? Lumberg?
How about pots - are they board mounted?
Nice build!

T.

pickdropper

Quote from: temol on April 20, 2019, 12:09:05 AM
Hi

Is there any space left between jack sockets and a pcb? What socket did you use here? Lumberg?
How about pots - are they board mounted?
Nice build!

T.

- I use full-size enclosed jacks and the board sits directly on it.  In this case, I used Amphenol jacks, but Switchcraft and Neutrik work as well.

- I do not board mount the jacks.  The board sits too high for that.
Function f(x)

jubal81

What's above boutique? Museum quality?

Damn impressive. Also admiring the cleanness - like no molecule of flux hath ever besmirched it. What's your secret?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on April 21, 2019, 09:01:33 AM
What's above boutique? Museum quality?

Damn impressive. Also admiring the cleanness - like no molecule of flux hath ever besmirched it. What's your secret?

In this case, it's bad lighting as I hadn't cleaned off the flux yet.

But I often do on the top side of boards.  There are many ways to do it, but lately I've been waiting for it to harden up and then chipping most of it off with the light touch of tweezers.  I then clean what's left with a cue tip with 99% isopropanol on it.

Flux remover works best, but is a bit messy.  I use that more for surface mount boards where I'm cleaning a large area.
Function f(x)

Timko

These are insane.  I'm always amazed by people who have the balls to fill up every inch of a 1590A.