News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another electric mistress clone

Started by thomasha, April 23, 2019, 11:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasha

Hi,
I was trying another simple flanger build, starting from the ultra flanger and decided to go with the electric mistress signal path to cut some extra noise.

I used the V3207 as the BBD and based much of this one on the design presented here:
https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=91981.0

As for the layout I started from the zombie chorus presented by Cozybuilder (thanks for sharing the layout btw) to build it inside a 1590LB.

So, there was some sanding involved...
I had to sand the base of the screws a little bit, so that the pots would be at an aesthetically pleasing position. Further to the middle it looked too strange, or it would feature only 3 knobs. But it's not a flanger if it only has 3 pots...

Another critical area were the jacks. They were much larger than they needed to be, so I sanded them a little bit. Here you have the final result:

I soldered the pots to one side, so that the board can go down as a lid, with the connection to the pots working as the hinge.

So, are there some mod suggestions?

It can't do super jet sounds and it gets weird at higher speed settings. The Manual control was a good addition, because I can get some chorus sounds with the manual maxed and color at null.

There could be more color too, but I guess then I'm entering ultraflanger's noisy territory.

jimilee

It must be smaller....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Marshall Arts

HamSandwich

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

DLW

This is ridiculous is the best possible way.

pickdropper

Quote from: DLW on April 23, 2019, 03:52:17 PM
This is ridiculous is the best possible way.

Totally agree.  Dig it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

mjg

If there was ever a guitar pedal that I wanted to marry and have its adorable children with, it's this one. 

Nice work.  :o

gordo

This is getting out of hand.  I think that I might have wept a little trying to cram a Schu-Tone board into a 1590A and it was roomy by these standards.  I need to accept stuff like this and get past it :-)

Very impressive at both the stuffage and etching levels.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

alanp

I feel completely, hopelessly inadequate.

Nice work.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Caedarn

Invertiguy

What in the goddamn...? That's gotta be approaching black hole levels of density! Seriously impressive work! I really dig the etching too!
Doomsday Devices

Tremster

brejna