Author Topic: Anyone done a guitar building or setup workshop?  (Read 295 times)

Matmosphere

• Electron Doctor
  • Matthew
    • View Profile
Anyone done a guitar building or setup workshop?
« on: April 27, 2019, 06:57:36 PM »
Iím thinking about looking for a weekend maintenance/set-up workshop this summer.

Anyone on here ever done something like that? Any recommendations for a good program?

gordo

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
    • Project Website
Re: Anyone done a guitar building or setup workshop?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 08:09:15 PM »
No but would definitely do the same. I'd consider myself semi-pro but always looking to improve.

marmora

• Transistor Tickler
  • Steven
    • View Profile

jimilee

• Electron Doctor
  • Jimi Lee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 09:16:33 PM »
These guys travel the country yearly. I havenít been, but is really like to.

https://www.supremesoundstudio.com/complete-guitar-repair-set-up-clini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

rockola

• Transistor Tickler
    • View Profile
    • my personal website
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 10:51:08 AM »
Iím thinking about looking for a weekend maintenance/set-up workshop this summer.

Anyone on here ever done something like that? Any recommendations for a good program?
I did a two week guitar building course some years back. Took me 100 working hours all up to get the project finished, with previous experience. A weekend focusing on just maintenance sounds like a fun thing to do too.

Muadzin

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 03:12:39 AM »
I've been part of a local guitarbuilding class since 2014. In that time its not so much a structured class as more a workshop where you can use the tools to build your own guitar(s) with the aid or advice of the luthiers being present. Also some of the other people who build there have amassed quite the knowledge themselves. So we can consult each other as well. From what I gather its quite unique because we have one guy who comes in all the way from The Hague, which is on the other side of the country.

I like to build guitars that are a little different then usual, cause if I want yet another Tele or Strat I could just as easily buy one. So my guitars follow a Warhammer 40.000 theme and usually have lots of internal gizmos. Cause why not? Noise making circuits, sustainers and/or MIDI touch screens.

1st build, internal Fuzz Factory and Fernandes Sustainer

2nd build, amptone MIDI touchpad and Fernandes Sustainer

3rd build, 1st Floyd Rose, internal Cry Baby for Pink Floydesque Echoes seagul screams

4th build, internal Fuzz Factory and Cry Baby circuit

5th build, 7 string with Sustainiac Sustainer

6th build, basically a reworked old Squier Tele, no additional circuits other then some kill switches.

7th build, amptone MIDI touchpad and Fernandes Sustainer, this is where I learned to do a factory finish style paintjob.

8th build, reworked version of the first one with new body and superior paint job

9th build, Jazz Bass kit from Thomann.

10th build, amptone MIDI touchpad and Fernandes Sustainer, first matt finish paint job.

11th build, first Jazzmaster build, internal Fuzz Factory