News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE Tractor Beam (1st VFE build)

Started by jalmonsalmon, April 29, 2019, 06:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jalmonsalmon

I finally got around to making another pedal and decided on the Tractor Beam.
Pedal worked the 1st time with no issues.  My only question is that trimmer for the jfet, I found that if the trimmer is set almost all the way ccw I get the most phasing.
Pedal does sound great though and I will have to mess with the settings some more! lots of sounds from this one :-)
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

jalmonsalmon

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

danfrank

Quote from: jalmonsalmon on April 29, 2019, 06:43:47 AM
My only question is that trimmer for the jfet, I found that if the trimmer is set almost all the way ccw I get the most phasing.

The one I built is set almost all the way CCW also because otherwise the phasing is pretty weak. I guess that's normal then.

cpk313

Ha that was the first pedal I built too! IIRC while my internal trimmers look to be similar as far as position I think my JFET one is closer to the middle of the adjustment. Originally I tried adjusting by going off the extraneous phasing sweep that goes on while the pedal is on but no one is playing. On mine that noise is a bit louder then I wish it was. Adjusting that way was a mistake, I redid it strumming guitar in stand and making adjustments. Just got a scope and will check it with that at some point. Good job!