News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fit D shaft in a knob hole

Started by Aentons, May 01, 2019, 08:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aentons

Haha... Yes, the title is a joke. But seriously...

Anybody use pots with a D shaft? Do our knobs fit them and does the screw reach?

EBK

Use a saw/file/rasp/knife to make shaft adapters from bamboo chopsticks.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

mjg

I'll use them sometimes, haven't had issues with 6.4mm knobs.  As long as the grub screw can go into the round part of the shaft, or the flat part...if you line it up on an angle to the flat part of the 'D', it will twist as you tighten it.  Not sure if that makes sense.

The screw will reach in to the flat part of the D, but I guess it depends on the knob.  Some might screw in further than others. 

Aentons

Quote from: mjg on May 01, 2019, 03:25:02 PM
I'll use them sometimes, haven't had issues with 6.4mm knobs.  As long as the grub screw can go into the round part of the shaft, or the flat part...if you line it up on an angle to the flat part of the 'D', it will twist as you tighten it.  Not sure if that makes sense.

The screw will reach in to the flat part of the D, but I guess it depends on the knob.  Some might screw in further than others.

Yep, that makes sense. Good point, I hadn't thought of that. I guess I'll just have to order some to play around with. I am particularly interested in the 9mm variety since the few smooth/round/metal that there are seem to be going obsolete.