News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cascadia !

Started by pierre67, May 01, 2019, 09:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre67

...my second build report !
I have 3 Cascadia done, this one was the first and it sounds fantastic !!!
Boxed in a 150BB, just to challenge myself, I had to file a little the enclosure's lid.
I hope you like it !

alanp

That labelling is awesome!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

pierre67

Quote from: alanp on May 01, 2019, 09:49:11 AM
That labelling is awesome!
Thank you ! It was my first attempt with punch letters. Anyway, I still don't know why I didn't put "bass, mid and trebble" below the pots  ???

selfdestroyer

Great job.. The punch labeling looks great.

I love my Cascadia, its been my goto OD for almost a year now. My father jumped on the Cascadia train also and loves it. Jason did a wonderful job designing this thing for sure.

Enjoy it!

jubal81

Love the industrial look. It's a workhorse! Inside looks cleaner than any I've built, too.

Glad you like it!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Bio77

matmosphere

That looks great. I think the labeling looks great that way.

mjg

Looks good.  How did you colour the lettering - it doesn't look like you have sanded down the top afterwards?   I'm impressed by how consistent it all looks.  Getting those letters lined up is not easy, I know.

pierre67

Quote from: mjg on May 01, 2019, 03:20:42 PM
Looks good.  How did you colour the lettering - it doesn't look like you have sanded down the top afterwards?   I'm impressed by how consistent it all looks.  Getting those letters lined up is not easy, I know.

It's simple, I just use a sharpie, let dry a little and then clean the enclosure with a tissue paper and some isopropyl alcohol...
I try to align the letters using a metalic ruler taped to the enclosure, that works for me,  but in general I try to simplify things...

mjg

OK, that's cool.  I hadn't thought of using a sharpie.  I usually brush paint over them, then have to sand it down flat. 

I'll have to try your method next time I do some stamped letters. :-)

alanp

I've done something similar with India Ink. Just wait for it to slightly, slightly dry, a little bit, and then swipe across with a tissue.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

skyled

I use punches to label my stuff too. What do you use as a backing on the enclosure when you punch to prevent it from denting?

pierre67

Quote from: skyled on May 03, 2019, 01:37:40 PM
I use punches to label my stuff too. What do you use as a backing on the enclosure when you punch to prevent it from denting?

I'm using this :

alanp

I hope you had a good pair of earmuffs on hand :)

CLANG! CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!
- Terry Pratchett
My website

pierre67

...actually is just one CLANG ! (for letter)  :D