News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I robbed them today!!! Pic's of my other hobby.

Started by jimmybjj, October 30, 2011, 10:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

My dad was a commercial bee keeper and his father and so on. That makes me at least a 4th generation beekeeper. I only do it as a small hobby to spend time with my dad and this was our only extraction of the year. In the first pic my wife holding a frame of honey, and the second pic that frame jarred.

Pcbs no longer available

TheCobbenator

Ahh!  It all makes sense, now!  Pretty cool, Jim!

nzCdog

Hey thats cool...  I love honey!
Bees are very important too huh? They pollentate things and make plants produce fruit, crops etc... I remember reading about it somewhere anyway :)

thatirishsob

stecykmi

that's cool, my grandfather used to keep bees, i helped him sometimes when i was little. my love of honey carried over into adulthood. i'm a vegan, except for honey because i love the taste of it too much.

CK1

Another beekeeper!  My uncle owns an apiary in eastern PA where I've worked part-time for over 10 years.  Now is the time to extract, if you've got the honey flow, that's for sure.  Very cool! 

sgmezei

I am sometimes scared of bees.....but i love Honey! This makes much more sense when I think of the bee stamps that came on the envelopes carrying my PCB's.

TNblueshawk

Wow, cool hobby man.

Honey bees are getting dangerously low. What's your take on why? I remember growing up and they were everywhere. I can go a full summer now and barely ever see one  >:(
John

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

Oohh that looks soo good!! Its making me salivate...
I used to have a job where i was titled "bee wrangler"  :) It wasn't really focused on exterminating the bees. We would move swarms from people's backyards to nature areas. Also removing hives from houses which is not fun...That jar looks amazing...
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jimmybjj

It's cool to see so many people that one time or another had some involvement in bee's and like many of you have pointed out they are an important part of "the cycle" and their product taste good to boot :)

Pcbs no longer available