Author Topic: Eoo3 progress  (Read 271 times)

gordo

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
    • Project Website
Eoo3 progress
« on: May 20, 2019, 06:34:30 PM »
Every now and then (admittedly too often for me) a project comes around that you just HAVE to build.  This one is in the league of my Ambika synth build...expensive, lots of work, chip burning, and bit of a white knuckle ride.  The pay off...even considering that I'm just riding in on the coat tails of the people who've put these projects together...was to be able to step back and think "wow...I built this!".

This one will be a daily driver.

I've ordered parts from Mouser and will finish up with a few bits from BLMS, so while waiting I thought I'd get the chassis drilled out.  Marshall Arts has gone to a lot of trouble of laying out a very detailed drill guide in SVG format.  I downloaded and installed Inkscape to manipulate it a bit and ended up with the zip file I'm attaching to this post is the resulting PDF files.  If you print them to actual size, cut along the lines, and then tape them together they will be exactly 59cm in width and layout all the top/back/inside-bottom holes you need, along with hole sizes.

The pages taped together and the drilled enclosure:

And more detail:

« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 08:50:57 PM by gordo »

Willybomb

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
    • RockStarGuitar
Re: Eoo3 progress
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 06:43:23 PM »
What are you using for an enclosure?

cooder

• Electron Doctor
  • Stephan Nelson / New Zealand / Aotearoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 02:26:21 PM »
That looks super tidy drilling and cutting the square, top notch! Yes, wow, you're building this, epic.
Looking forward to seeing how it comes together!
BigNoise Amplification

Timko

• Electron Doctor
  • I'm walking a line, visiting houses in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 02:44:04 PM »
What are you using for an enclosure?

I have the same question.  Did you order it from overseas?  Or did you get one of the few MA was selling?

gordo

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
    • Project Website
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 06:52:24 PM »
I got one of the few that MA was selling but I've got them stateside before.  If you call the contact info in the docs you can find it.  I think you have to buy a 6' piece if memory serves.  Might be a good setup for a group buy.

Marshall Arts

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 09:55:30 PM »
For the enclosure: you can also try Musikding, the sell a 60 cm Looper enclosure (it's the same cable channel)