News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Is the 2n5088 out of production?

Started by pietro_moog, May 21, 2019, 07:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pietro_moog

Hi guys.
I don't understand, is the 2n5088 out of production?
They seem a lot harder to get

TFZ

OnSemi seems to have stopped production, but it is available from Central Semiconductor now (a company which often picks up parts that are being terminated by others). Mouser and Digikey have stock.

Govmnt_Lacky

Unfortunately, when National bought out Fairchild they began phasing out a LOT of the parts we, as DIYers, use. Most of the old standbys are end of life or last time buy.  :-\

pietro_moog

Ok, i'll be more careful with my bag.
Thanks guys.

chromesphere

Any other common devices going EOL that you guys know about?  I got onto the final run of 2n5089's but somehow missed this one  :o
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Muadzin

If even the 5088 is getting phased out of production, that seems to be pretty much the end of through hole semi-conductors. They're like the most common semi-conductor in use.

danfrank

Quote from: chromesphere on May 22, 2019, 11:33:20 PM
Any other common devices going EOL that you guys know about?  I got onto the final run of 2n5089's but somehow missed this one  :o

I ordered some SIP dual op amps for the Flintlock flanger from Mouser and all the ones I checked out have a "Not for New Designs - Obsolete" notification

pickdropper

Quote from: Muadzin on May 23, 2019, 06:26:20 AM
If even the 5088 is getting phased out of production, that seems to be pretty much the end of through hole semi-conductors. They're like the most common semi-conductor in use.

I expect the 2n3904 and 2n3906 will hang on for a while.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pietro_moog

Quote from: pickdropper on May 25, 2019, 08:17:43 AM

Maybe. I'll stash some bags though

pickdropper

Quote from: pietro_moog on May 25, 2019, 04:06:04 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on May 25, 2019, 08:17:43 AM

Maybe. I'll stash some bags though

It's probably smart to stash all of the through-hole transistors you use regularly.  As mentioned earlier in this thread, Central might pick them up, but they'll be more expensive
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper