News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Packing in

Started by juansolo, June 06, 2019, 05:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

It's probably been three years since I built a pedal for myself (I did "build" a ribbon mic last year for me) and I build maybe two or three things a year for other people. I haven't posted on DIYSB in a while.

I can't quit this place, though. It's the best. I'm glad you'll stick around as losing a friend just because we're not doing exactly the same hobbies anymore would suck.

davent

Another of those 'haven't made anything' (but dinner) in a few years but check daily at the very least to see what people might be up to. It's good place!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Leevibe

Quote from: juansolo on June 06, 2019, 11:56:09 PM
Thanks man, yeah there's a lot of stuff I still post to FB about what I get up to lately, but don't crosspost here as it's not really on-topic. Lot of modding old Ataris and fettling very old professional video monitors. Even been a car post recently, though I no longer co-own the race car I still help run it and it got a bit bent last outing. But yeah, I'm not going anywhere, just backing out of pedal making.

I feel like we could have a "Crap Juansolo is into this week" sub and a lot of us would be tuned in. Then you'd never be off topic.

My being late to this thread is a testament to how the pace of life with its priorities makes my visits here run in cycles. Pedal building is the same way. The best plan for me is to keep it on a slow burn but never quite give up on it. That way it's there when I'm in the right head/heart space.

Anyway, I think we all kind of understand what you're saying but it kind of stings just because you have had lots of influence around here. Not seeing new builds from you is no small thing but it pales compared to not seeing your posts from time to time.

I'm hoping this is the band-breaking-up phase but then there are still going to be reunion tours and eventually a Vegas show or something.

juansolo

Quote from: Leevibe on June 22, 2019, 09:28:22 AMI feel like we could have a "Crap Juansolo is into this week" sub and a lot of us would be tuned in. Then you'd never be off topic.

Today I have been mostly fixing a friend's mower after she'd used some somewhat old fuel in there. I removed the spark plug and uttered the immortal words... Which made me laugh far more than is healthy...

Facebook friends get to see a video of me starting a lawnmower... Living on the edge!

Earlier in the week I built a monster Win XP gaming rig for £83...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Leevibe

Quote from: juansolo on June 22, 2019, 12:25:34 PM
Quote from: Leevibe on June 22, 2019, 09:28:22 AMI feel like we could have a "Crap Juansolo is into this week" sub and a lot of us would be tuned in. Then you'd never be off topic.

Today I have been mostly fixing a friend's mower after she'd used some somewhat old fuel in there. I removed the spark plug and uttered the immortal words... Which made me laugh far more than is healthy...

Facebook friends get to see a video of me starting a lawnmower... Living on the edge!

Earlier in the week I built a monster Win XP gaming rig for £83...

OK, we're off to a good start here.

Muadzin

Having read this thread, and some of the others, I wonder how many of the regular posters here actually still build pedals? Sometimes it feels more like a retirement community in this regard. And mea culpa in this regard as well.

Tremster

I haven't built a pedal in about two years - but two weeks ago started again, which was fun.

juansolo

I half installed my last pedal build today... It's just damned weird this one (it's a really specific custom build multi). Really struggling to keep it tidy! I reckon there's another days work in this before it's done, but it's getting there.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Leevibe

Quote from: juansolo on June 27, 2019, 08:26:38 AM
I half installed my last pedal build today... It's just damned weird this one (it's a really specific custom build multi). Really struggling to keep it tidy! I reckon there's another days work in this before it's done, but it's getting there.

It will be your Juan song

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Leevibe on June 27, 2019, 08:30:24 AM

You win the internet today! Almost spit my coffee out reading that.

Leevibe

Quote from: selfdestroyer on June 27, 2019, 10:38:22 AM

You win the internet today! Almost spit my coffee out reading that.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen. I'll be here all weekend.

And hopefully there will be many last builds from juan.

alanp

It's his First Final Farewell Tour.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Oh... well, even good things must come to an end.  :-\
I tip my hat to you Mr Solo.  Your builds have been a source of inspiration and enjoyment on the internets.  +1 please don't take your website down

midwayfair

I'm so proud to know you right now.

peAk

Hahahahaha