News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Packing in

Started by juansolo, June 06, 2019, 12:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

Ha!  I feel your pain.  I have a mess of pedals that there isn't a snow ball's chance in hell I'll do anything with (like say the DigDug 2) but if I plug it in right now I'll get sucked into a 2hr time vortex of just goofing around with it.  In fact it's the second one I've built because the first one got used so impressively in a live situation by a buddy of mine that I just gave it to him.  And I'm looking forward to building the Poly Trog to replace all the other phasers that I don't use.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Willybomb

QuoteBuying and selling on this forum seems to have slowed down.

FB groups seem to be the place to sell pedals these days.  Selling them here is kinda like selling fish to a fisherman.

juansolo

Stage one complete: test, strip, wash/clean, reassemble. It was a bit manky. This has certainly been in a loft for at least 30 years. Workage was a little intermittent. The switches needed attention and the PSU jack probably needs replacing. Kontakt Cleaner was employed copiously and we appear to have a bit of a winner on our hands.

Stage two will be a re-cap (all of three of them) with the jack swappage.

Stage three will be an RGB modification...

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jimilee

Nice. I had one just like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

"Manky" is my new word of the day.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

alanp

Someone's been reading their Sergeant Colon and Nobby Nobbs.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Though I've read everything Pratchett wrote, manky is just an ordinary slang word for scruffy/undesirable.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

alanp

I've always associated it since Pratchett with Colon and Nobbs' primitive forensic science. "You know how corpses get more corpse-like? You know... all manky and runny."
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website