News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Porkbarrel 2019 Not Chorusing? Update - Weakly Chorusing?

Started by csermonet47, June 07, 2019, 01:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csermonet47

I checked out pin 7 on the MN3101 with the LED and it is staying on the whole time. I hit it with the multimeter and it is showing a pretty stable 4.6v. I am looking and don't see any solder bridges or cold joints, but I will start tracing the schematic and see if I can't figure out what is going on. I am out of town for the next week so I will poke around some more once I am back. Probably good for me to walk away for a bit haha. Thank you for all the help so far guys!

thomasha

Good to know!

You can check pin 7 and 1 of the TL062 (IC4) and see if one of these are oscillating.

csermonet47

OK. I had a change to dig back into this a bit. Turns out I just had the blend knob all the way off, so I was getting a clean signal   ::). I am getting a chorus effect, but it seems pretty weak. The rate is good, but the depth I feel like should be better. I don't feel like I am getting the classic CE-2 sound. At 12 o'clock on the blend knob, I get barely any chorus. When I mess with the trimmer, it gets better the more it is turned, so I currently have it maxed. I feel like it could have more depth with a different value. I have double checked this and I know it is a 10k timmer. Any ideas?

pierre67

I would try increasing C21 from 47pF to something like 100pF...

csermonet47

Just tried that and seems to be about the same. Maybe I need to go to a shop and try one out to see how comparable it is. Still just seems awfully weak.