News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedalpcb Octagon

Started by jghfslk, June 13, 2019, 02:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jghfslk

I finished this build a while back.  It is the Octagon from pedalpcb with an additional tone control. I also added the FV-1 clock module board with the option to switch between two different sample rate settings.   Nothing special looks wise but I like the way it sounds.

Here is a demo:

cooder

Very cool demo, cheers. Great with  the clock module board!
BigNoise Amplification

Hexjibber

Awesome! Great video, do I detect a 'Knobs' influence?  :) This is my next build so its exciting to hear a good quality demo, thanks for taking the time to do it!

p_wats

Nice! I've been curious about the clock board add-on, as I've built a few PedalPCB FV-1 projects now. Might have to try it on the next one.

dawson

Really awesome effects & impressive demo- your playing showcases the sounds very well.

Thanks for sharing, I want to build one now..
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

gordo

That's one of the best demos I've seen in ages. Great playing and totally nails the feature set of the pedal.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jghfslk

Quote from: p_wats on June 13, 2019, 07:31:23 PM
Nice! I've been curious about the clock board add-on, as I've built a few PedalPCB FV-1 projects now. Might have to try it on the next one.
I would definately recommend the clock board! It adds more versatility to an already very versatile build.

Leetut

Demo sounds great, did you record it with a mic or direct?

jghfslk

This was recorded direct

p_wats

Quote from: jghfslk on June 14, 2019, 03:09:51 PM
Quote from: p_wats on June 13, 2019, 07:31:23 PM
I would definately recommend the clock board! It adds more versatility to an already very versatile build.

Added a clock board to my recent order, as I've got an Arachnid that's not boxed up yet anyway. Thanks for the demo.

Boba7

Just came across your demo on youtube. What an amazing pedal! Very inspiring! And your demo is beautiful
If you have the time, Id have a couple quick questions:

- did you put a passive lp filter between the output of the chip and the buffer? (that'd be replacing R18/C12 maybe?)

- a sonic question: do the mod and shimmer reverbs share the same base sound? If you take out modulation and shimmer I mean

Nice to switch between two clock rates. I was thinking of switching between the standard clock (crystal and cap) and the clock module.

Thanks for sharing!

fubusmaximus

Hi, could you put up the schematic for this?

jwin615

Aleph Null

Great demo! Great sounding pedal. Makes me want to build one for myself.