News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

May the force be with the X wing fighter

Started by cooder, June 13, 2019, 12:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Lots of knobs, firepower and possibilities in this cockpit for sure.
Pedalpcb take on John Hollis Omnidrive, a very clever piece of circuit hacking and I'm impressed with the first test flight.
Great sounds and tweakability, will take me a while to get through what it can do.
Dig it already though and it's great to have this grinder in the stable that's not just another slight variation.

I might add a protective thingy of sorts to prevent the toggle switches to get accidentally knocked when foot switching, mostly to make sure I don't damage one of the levers. Taking it out and replacing switch is too much of a PITA to leave it like this. But for now it's take off and fight for glory, princess and empire.

BigNoise Amplification

somnif

Looking around, its strange that this style of guard :

Is orders of magnitude cheaper than something simple like:

TGP39

Awesome job Cooder.  I built this also and love the different distortion/fuzz sounds you can get.  I'm very interested to see what you come up with to protect the switches.  Great job.
-Steve
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

EBK

Those perfectly lined up nuts on the perfectly lined up toggles. 
[DarthVader]Impressive. Most impressive.[/DarthVader]
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

cooder

Cheers guys!
Quote from: TGP39 on June 13, 2019, 06:21:31 AM
Awesome job Cooder.  I built this also and love the different distortion/fuzz sounds you can get.  I'm very interested to see what you come up with to protect the switches.  Great job.
-Steve
Yes I was expectinmg more chaos and unuseable sounds with all that variety, but there's a lot of great stuff to be had and I haven't even had much time to dive in.
Quote from: EBK on June 13, 2019, 06:35:41 AM
Those perfectly lined up nuts on the perfectly lined up toggles. 

Maybe a wee bit OCD...  ::)
BigNoise Amplification

KMRO

This looks so awesome!  Nice graphics and looking crisp. 

Strassercaster

fantastic build sir!!! i love all things star wars and the X wing is the coolest of all the ships ! Whetre did you get that killer switch and ciruit board from? Id love to put that on a few of my builds. I assume its silent and true bypass? is it opto based? Very impressive graphics. You did a great jobh. Is it photo sticker paper or a waterslide decal? you are an ace builder !

cooder

Quote from: Strassercaster on June 19, 2019, 08:23:43 PM
fantastic build sir!!! i love all things star wars and the X wing is the coolest of all the ships ! Whetre did you get that killer switch and ciruit board from? Id love to put that on a few of my builds. I assume its silent and true bypass? is it opto based? Very impressive graphics. You did a great jobh. Is it photo sticker paper or a waterslide decal? you are an ace builder !
Glad you like it! Relay switching is 1776 effects 'finish line'. I dig those they work great for me.
PCB is from BuGG / pedalpcb.com.
Graphics are laser decal under acrylic faceplate. I did a tutorial on that awhile back, you'll can search it out in the tutorial section.
BigNoise Amplification