News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Witness Lines on Guitar. Has anyone experienced it?

Started by fair.child, June 14, 2019, 05:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aentons

Quote from: fair.child on June 15, 2019, 05:11:07 AM

@Aentons, are you able to see the line on the picture above? It's like a ghosting line in the finish. Within certain light angle, you can see it. Plus if you touch it, you can feel like a very smooth dent/slope. I confirmed this with EBMM and they mentioned the wood shrunk.

@gordo
I gave a shot with humidifier, still in progress I believe. Today, I didn't feel any changes yet. I am quite picky with the neck feel. I hope it'll come back once within the correct humidity.

Yep, sorry, that's a bummer... Is it like that on the front as well?

I think that's a poly clear coat so I'm not even sure how that would happen after it was painted cause moisture isn't getting in or out of there. If they painted it like that then it's much more of a manufacturing defect.

Funny story... I bought a used Gibson SJ-300 acoustic that was less than two years old at the time and called Gibson support about an "issue", who then sent me to the nearest "Gibson Authorized Service Center" which was just some dude that made super pointy metal guitars in Costa Mesa. I explained the issue a few times and he called his super secret Gibson number and explained the issue to a couple of different people and after some weird looks and nodding they sent out a part a couple of weeks later. The issue was that the painted design on the pickgaurd was getting scratched off the more I played it so I asked them for an "undamaged" one that was maybe clear coated or something that wouldn't scratch off. They sent me a new pickgaurd that wasn't clear coated but had much thicker paint. They didn't ask for the other one back even tho they go for at least a couple hundred. Ten years later and I still haven't put it on.

My point is... They stood behind their product and took care of their customer even if I wasn't the original owner. I'd call EBMM back if I were you and ask them if they can at least pay for the
body work and finish repair

The rosewood neck is definitely nice but yes  too bad about the fret sprout. The humidifier might actually fix that part. I prefer neck binding because of this very issue

fair.child

Yes, back and front. The back is the worst. I notice there are several shrunk area over the neck plate.

I called EBMM again and they will charge me $980 for body replacement and I need to send back the body to them because of proprietary EBMM product. For the neck adjustment, they charge $280 for removing the fret sprout or whatever neck problem I'm having now.

I wasn't the original owner and they already noticed that by the serial number so no warranty can be covered on this guitar. They won't do the body work and finish repair because they try to move the sales to regular JP6/15/Majesty.

This all RW is one time only, very special and too bad it shrunk because of the previous owner didn't take good care of the guitar.

pickdropper

Quote from: fair.child on June 19, 2019, 02:38:46 AM
Yes, back and front. The back is the worst. I notice there are several shrunk area over the neck plate.

I called EBMM again and they will charge me $980 for body replacement and I need to send back the body to them because of proprietary EBMM product. For the neck adjustment, they charge $280 for removing the fret sprout or whatever neck problem I'm having now.

I wasn't the original owner and they already noticed that by the serial number so no warranty can be covered on this guitar. They won't do the body work and finish repair because they try to move the sales to regular JP6/15/Majesty.

This all RW is one time only, very special and too bad it shrunk because of the previous owner didn't take good care of the guitar.

I would find a local tech to take care of the fret sprout.  A side file is usually *significantly* less than that.  Around here it's something like $20-30 on top of a regular setup.

The finish sinking on the body is tough.  You may have to live with that or have it refinished.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Muadzin

Quote from: somnif on June 18, 2019, 11:57:28 PMHey, it was only 107 here today, and it got up to a whole 4% humidity, we're doing just fine.  8)

I have no clue as to what your strange American temperature values are. I live in celcius land.  ;) ;D

somnif

Quote from: Muadzin on June 19, 2019, 10:35:57 AM
Quote from: somnif on June 18, 2019, 11:57:28 PMHey, it was only 107 here today, and it got up to a whole 4% humidity, we're doing just fine.  8)

I have no clue as to what your strange American temperature values are. I live in celcius land.  ;) ;D

Ah sorry about that, I usually include both.

107F = just shy of 42C (41.667)