News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

photos to large to post. Tutorial on shrinking them down rto the aceptable size?

Started by mikef, August 12, 2019, 03:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikef

Hello! I am wondering what y'all do to shrink down the sometimes to large,say1.2M size to a smaller KB acceptable one so as to post here. Thanks :-[

Bio77

If you open your JPG and then use the Save As feature, you can usually alter the size of the JPG. 

Also, uploading pics directly to madbean server is not advised.  They will be removed eventually when the space is needed.  Best way is to upload them to a service and then embed a link.  Here is a thread explaining the process:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3823.0 

Willybomb

madbean

Photos off cameras and phones are usually not optimized for a forum like this hence the restriction on size. For quick resizing I use XNView which is free. You can change the dimensions and re-save as a jpeg. This usually reduces the size from a couple MB down to 150-300k which is fine for uploading.

BTW- I haven't had to delete attachments for many years. On the VPS I use we have tons of space so there is no need to manage the attachment database for size. Although, I should probably see where we are at!