News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Transistor equivalent/substitutes

Started by Bio77, June 26, 2019, 01:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

I'm looking for subs for 2sc2603 and 2sc732 transistors.  I did the usual, search google/forums for data sheets and posts about transistors that people have used.  Is there a better way?  Excluding phasers, are there particular parameters that are most important for buffer and amplifier circuits?

EBK

Well, for Si NPN being used as an amplifier/buffer, I've only ever cared about hFE
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

somnif

I use el-component.com for a rough idea, but they don't seem to have either of your transistors in their database.

Bio77

Hirezach

Bio77 , did you ever figure out good substitutions for these two? I've been researching these all night and aren't sure what to use.

Bio77

If you are building the Backfeeder.  I never got mine to work without noise.  I actually built two, same problem both times.  Cooder has a working one.  You can see his recommendations here:

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=30479.msg294159#msg294159

Hirezach

Uh, oh... yeah, it's the Backfeeder! How bad's the noise on yours?

I'll check that link now. Thanks!