News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Standout switching problems

Started by krisk, June 30, 2019, 10:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krisk

I built the Standout a few months ago and every thing worked fine and it sounded great but at the time it didn't wasn't what we needed so it went on the shelf. Pulled it out last night and it seems to be stuck in momentary mode and the led seems to be stuck on as well, it's very dim but when you step on it it goes to full brightness like normal but I don't remember it being on all the time like it is now. I can also hear a very faint clicking sound from the box when it is plugged in like a mechanical click. When I'm hearing that click its when I was trying to get it to switch back to normal mode so it isn't plugged into an amp or anything. Any ideas on what might how to switch it back or what might need to be replaced? Thanks

electrosonic

I'm not really familiar with the VFE pedals, but I am assuming you are using a uC for the relay switching.
I would first check the power supply, uCs will behave weirdly if they are not receiving the expected power. Are you using a battery?

Andrew.

fair.child

Check your TQL relay. The issue you're describing seems to be like bad relay.

krisk

So I started with checking voltages as suggested and they were really off on the micro controller. I thought it might be shorting out on the pot below but that wasn't it. So I reflowed all the pins and bingo back to full working order. Thanks for the help.