News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Yodeler Schematic

Started by DLW, July 09, 2019, 07:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLW

Does anyone have a schematic for the Yodeler PCB? The build doc is inaccurate and illegible. None of the components are listed on the Yodeler .brd file from VFE, either.

Aentons

Here is a clear pic from the indiegogo campaign... Better than nothing I guess

I have some internal pics from one I used to own a while back. I'll see if they have anything else useful in them

Aentons

I looked at the build doc and you are right, it is not readable at all. I'm pretty sure all that info came from the board and schematic bundle that Peter at VFE is selling on his site, so I'm not sure what is ok to post or not. Since he has some similar board pics up on facebook, I think its at least ok to post a pic of the board file, so I guess I can do that. Btw, the pics in the build doc are the ones i mentioned in the previous post. I forgot I sent them over to Andrew when he was building the mega pedal.

Edit: I took the pic down in favor of the one posted below

Aentons

Aentons

DLW

Thanks a lot for sending these pics. I'm mainly struggling with the MLCCs. The 100p is under the Belton and the 22p is clearly marked on towards the bottom of the board. The rest are presumably 100n, but there are 5 remaining spaces for 2.5mm caps on the board and only 4 listed in the BOM. Does that mean one of the caps should not be populated, as is the case on several VFE pedals I've built in the past? Or, should I fill all 5 places with 100n caps?

I actually have the .brd and .sch files from VFE. Is this information in those files? If it is, I'm not seeing it.

fair.child

Quote from: DLW on July 09, 2019, 02:31:43 PM
Thanks a lot for sending these pics. I'm mainly struggling with the MLCCs. The 100p is under the Belton and the 22p is clearly marked on towards the bottom of the board. The rest are presumably 100n, but there are 5 remaining spaces for 2.5mm caps on the board and only 4 listed in the BOM. Does that mean one of the caps should not be populated, as is the case on several VFE pedals I've built in the past? Or, should I fill all 5 places with 100n caps?

I actually have the .brd and .sch files from VFE. Is this information in those files? If it is, I'm not seeing it.

Okay just to make it clear. When you see PWR marking on the cap, it should be 100nF MLCC. Other than that follow the marking like 22pF underneath the op amp. The op amp should be socketed. The BTDR brick shouldn't be socketed. I think I had a build report somewhere here. Might want to check that one out as well.

DLW

Quote from: fair.child on July 09, 2019, 02:37:46 PM
Quote from: DLW on July 09, 2019, 02:31:43 PM

Okay just to make it clear. When you see PWR marking on the cap, it should be 100nF MLCC. Other than that follow the marking like 22pF underneath the op amp. The op amp should be socketed. The BTDR brick shouldn't be socketed. I think I had a build report somewhere here. Might want to check that one out as well.

Ok, perfect! I see the 4 "PWR" places for 100n caps. It looks like there is 2 spots (not 1 like I had previously stated) that are unmarked. Should those be left empty?

Aentons

A picture is worth a bunch a words.... I think the one label covers the two spots

DLW

I'll go with that. If it works, I'll report back.

fair.child

It's a tight build and there are tons of stuffs can go wrong. I wish you luck with the build. Don't stress out if you can't box it in 1590B. If you can, that would be the best look. If you can't, 125B works perfect!

Netnnk

Along with the parts labeled as need to go on the back of the board, I had to put the 2n7 back there too to fit the brick.

DLW

Ok, I'm finally getting around to finishing the Yodeler... does anybody know which zener to use for the switch?

fair.child