News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE-MB Modular Mini Mega

Started by Aentons, July 18, 2019, 07:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aentons

Modularized with sockets and faceplates for ease of swapability. In a hand brushed 1590DD.
I'm planning at least another triple in a 1590DD to be connected with a hinge to this one.

Aentons

Aentons

1590DD and 1590BB size comparison. Shows future Modular Mega Nano.

Faceplates are three layers... Clear inkjet sticker paper on top, clear plastic 1mm sheet in the middle, adhesive vinyl on bottom( just the teal and white)

I'll post some more photos of the process later when I get a chance... There is blood involved, so stay tuned...

benny_profane

Looking great! I'd been waiting for these to pop up as a finished project! Glad to see them working out for you.

Are these arranged in series?

<insert there will be blood reference here>

fair.child

I dare you to do 9 Pedals in one enclosure then that's legally called Mini Mega Pedal

cooder

Excellent build, great stuff! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

DLW

Very cool! There is a gerber for a triple switch board in the VFE pack, right? I wonder if that would streamline a project like this.

Willybomb

Nice work.  Love a good multi.  I see you had to grind out the middle top screw housing - I've been there, done that too.

dan.schumaker

Nice look!  I've been using the clear vinyl for a little bit now for pedal art, and I really like how it turns out.

mjcyates

Aentons

Quote from: benny_profane on July 18, 2019, 07:36:19 PM
Looking great! I'd been waiting for these to pop up as a finished project! Glad to see them working out for you.

Are these arranged in series?

<insert there will be blood reference here>
Thanks! Yep, it's straight series right now. There is a vague long term plan to use stereo jacks for two parallel paths and a internal switch for each circuit to be able plug to plug it into a parallel looper like a Klein Bottle, but that's a little ways off.

Quote from: fair.child on July 18, 2019, 08:53:10 PM
I dare you to do 9 Pedals in one enclosure then that's legally called Mini Mega Pedal

I'm going to link two of these together in some way that makes it 6 across. In the long run I might replicate it to do a whole other 6 across for a second tier. I might even do a two linked 1590bb's as the second tier. That makes 10-12, so it'd be legal. :)

Quote from: DLW on July 19, 2019, 02:16:19 AM
Very cool! There is a gerber for a triple switch board in the VFE pack, right? I wonder if that would streamline a project like this.

There is a triple pedal switching board in the vfe bundle but i didn't want to use it since it wasn't as modular as having separate switch boards. Plus, its expensive and I already had these.

Quote from: Willybomb on July 19, 2019, 04:33:26 AM
Nice work.  Love a good multi.  I see you had to grind out the middle top screw housing - I've been there, done that too.

Yep, that was a face palm moment. Rookie mistake on my part... I was using the Mammoth 1590dd drill template, which doesn't show the center screwhole, as a base to overlay the madbean 1590b template with the center punch spots. Pics to follow

Quote from: dan.schumaker on July 19, 2019, 04:41:23 AM
Nice look!  I've been using the clear vinyl for a little bit now for pedal art, and I really like how it turns out.
I'm not sure how it will hold up long term since its not very moisture friendly, I may have to clear coat it but not sure I want to just yet. Pics to follow

Aentons

Planning the board and switch spacing for the drill

Aentons

Testing brushing methods on the back of the enclosure. This shows what a wire brush drill attachment will do. I ended up using the drill brush and  then an 80 and 320 grit abrasive buffs on a Dremel to smooth it out

Aentons

Drilling the enclosure with the inkscape combined templates from mammoth and madbean.

This is the very first thing I used this drill press on. My dad was clearing out stuff from his workshop and gave me it to me.

Aentons