News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Pedal Storage Day

Started by dan.schumaker, July 19, 2019, 04:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

So as you all know, I have a bit of a problem with having built way too many pedals  ;D  My previous attempts at storing all my pedals worked for a little bit, but I was quickly running out of space.  And more importantly, Mrs. Schu-tone was running out of patience with pedals all over the house.  So doing some looking, I ran across this and decided to give it a try.

This is a sheet pan rack from a restaurant supply store.  Couple that with some full size sheet pans (26" x 18"), and I have a solution for my pedals.  One pan can hold a surprising amount of pedals on it (one alone can hold over 50 1590A's).  I am happy with how this turned out, and I like that I have a little room to expand in the future!
20190718_200207 by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr
20190718_195907 by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr
20190718_200017 by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr

mjcyates

Perfect! I always like finding ways to use things not for their intended purpose.

alanp

More importantly, is Mrs Schu-tone happy?

If mama ain't happy, then no one ain't happy.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

dan.schumaker

Mrs. Schu-Tone is happy with the result, so all is good  ;D

EBK

:o

The pans hold a lot of pedals.
And
You've filled a lot of pans.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jimilee

How do you like that G.K. setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

dan.schumaker

Quote from: jimilee on July 19, 2019, 08:37:56 AM
How do you like that G.K. setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its good for what it does, but I definitely do not have the bass chops (or guitar really) to really put it through its paces.

atreidesheir

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

EBK

I told my wife today that I need one of these racks.  She thinks it is a great idea.  :D I think I'd dedicate mine to storing parts and tools mostly. 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

pickdropper

That looks very very nice.

Do you worry about dust getting on the pedals sitting in the open air?  I've thought about the shelf idea, but I don't want to deal with dust, so I keep the unused ones bagged in boxes.  Maybe a combination of bags and those shelves would be work.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

dan.schumaker

Quote from: pickdropper on July 20, 2019, 03:55:10 PM
That looks very very nice.

Do you worry about dust getting on the pedals sitting in the open air?  I've thought about the shelf idea, but I don't want to deal with dust, so I keep the unused ones bagged in boxes.  Maybe a combination of bags and those shelves would be work.

Not really worried about dust getting on them.  They were in the open before, so never really a worry.  If anything, I can just a rack over the top level to keep down on it or get a cheap plastic cover over the rack (then I can make up some BS about the pedals being "hermetically sealed to preserve tone")  :D

matmosphere

Awesome idea!!

I know they make some kind of clear plastic sheeting for racks.

EBK

I'm in the process of assembling a sheet pan rack.  Seriously!  If you inspire one more person to do it, you can say you started a trend.  ;D

matmosphere

Don't you mean he started a Schu-trend?

EBK

Quote from: Matmosphere on July 22, 2019, 06:50:01 AM
Don't you mean he started a Schu-trend?
Perhaps.  It did feel weird placing this genuine Schu-pedal onto this Schu-eet pan. ;D