News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Paisley anyone?

Started by jimilee, July 30, 2019, 05:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So I put this together over the weekend. GFS body and neck, dragon fire hot rails pickups and a 5 way strat switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

That looks cool Jimi. How do you like their necks?  I'm a big fan of the Slick pickups, and have installed them on a couple of guitars.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

Nice one! How do you like the quality of the GFS body and neck? Always wondered about their stuff.
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

The quality of the body is better than the strat one I built a couple of years ago. The neck is solid, I'm really surprised at how well it's made and how good it feels.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thesmokingman

I should have bought that pink paisley tele back in the 90s instead of that olympic white strat ... dunno what I was thinking
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

Muadzin

Quote from: jimilee on July 31, 2019, 04:06:03 AM
The quality of the body is better than the strat one I built a couple of years ago. The neck is solid, I'm really surprised at how well it's made and how good it feels.

That's the power of CNC routing. Consistency is a quality of its own, and if you can program well, why shouldn't that deliver good bodies and necks. If building my own has taught me anything its that there are so many ways you can screw your build up with a router. The slightest wobble and oops, you've just 'volunteered' again for endless and endless sanding. Still, its fun building your own bodies and necks. There's so much more you can do when you're not limited to assembling prebuilt parts.

So, are you anything like me? That when you've not even finished with the last guitar you're already planning the next builds? And the next ones thereafter?

jimilee

Quote from: Muadzin on July 31, 2019, 06:04:14 PM
Quote from: jimilee on July 31, 2019, 04:06:03 AM

That's the power of CNC routing. Consistency is a quality of its own, and if you can program well, why shouldn't that deliver good bodies and necks. If building my own has taught me anything its that there are so many ways you can screw your build up with a router. The slightest wobble and oops, you've just 'volunteered' again for endless and endless sanding. Still, its fun building your own bodies and necks. There's so much more you can do when you're not limited to assembling prebuilt parts.

So, are you anything like me? That when you've not even finished with the last guitar you're already planning the next builds? And the next ones thereafter?
I've been looking since Saturday. I kind of want to do a Flying V and an HH tele. This build was probably my 6th or 8th. I normally enjoy finishing myself, but I'd been wanting to build a paisley one for a wile, and prefinished was easier than putting the material on it myself.

gordo

I did a V Custom (bound body, neck, and head like a LP custom) and finished it in a Wudtone like your explorer. Very happy with it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

nzCdog

Hot!  I remember Fender did a Richie Sambora signature Tele that looked similar?. IIRC back in the 90s

somnif

Quote from: nzCdog on August 01, 2019, 12:33:16 AM
Hot!  I remember Fender did a Richie Sambora signature Tele that looked similar?. IIRC back in the 90s

They also currently make one for country artist Brad Paisley (though in that case its limited to the pick guard)

diablochris6

Nice and brash! Great job.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

culturejam

Love it! You did great putting this one together.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pickdropper

Yeah, I dig it too.  Paisley has grown on me over the years.  I blame Prince.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

alanp

Paisley is kinda nice, in the same way that Hawaiian shirts are kinda nice. I guess that it's a vegemite decoration.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Quote from: alanp on August 05, 2019, 06:18:40 PM
Paisley is kinda nice, in the same way that Hawaiian shirts are kinda nice. I guess that it's a vegemite decoration.
Well, I mean, it's a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there kind of nice I suppose.