News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hello from Detroit Rock City

Started by Thewintersoldier, August 08, 2019, 09:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Actually, Sterling Heights, a Detroit suburb. I'm Chris, a 36 yo husband, father of two girls and work in surgery/endoscopy at the Detroit Veterans Hospital. I've been lurking around her the past year or so and made an account this year. Like many musicians I got into diy by way of modding my gear to my taste. After modding and upgrading  all my guitars and tinkering with amps it was pedals that I found my love.
I started playing at 10. I was obssed all thru high school. I had crappy gear till I was 20. My only pedal for years was a boss ds-1 thru a solid state amp. During college I got more into partying and less playing. Between work and relationships I all but stopped playing. When I met my wife I had just started getting into finding my tone. She fully supported me and I fell down the rabbit hole.
After going  thru the guitar phase I have everything I want/need. I went thru the amp/pedal phase at the same time which I found was frustrating. I started hating pedals because I never settled on an amp and it wasn't until i got my tungsten buck wheat that I found a new love for pedals again.
I have built some kits in the past from GGG, byoc and mod kits but it was this site that took me from dipping a toe to jumping in head first. My search for a buzzaround led me to the bumble bee, and with this forum I took the jump and sold all my pedals and decided to build everything myself. The pedals I had, the pedals I want and the ones I can't find or afford. I'm hooked. Selling my pedals made it possible to buy so much stuff that I can make 4 times as many pedals as I had, and now I average 15 to 20 dollars a pedal to make. Thanks to you guys for all the knowledge and inspiration I now have found my true hobby. And being a husband, father and a full time job I can get the rush of starting a project, getting fast results and it's cheap. I'll be here posting now and plan to share my builds as I'm proud to be a part of this community.
Chris
Who the hell is Bucky?

Govmnt_Lacky

Welcome Chris!

Original Sterling Heights native here (14 mile and Ryan) now living in the DC area.

I miss Jets pizza  :-\

... and Coney Island too!

Bret608

Bucky, is that you?  ;)  Just kidding! My two daughters are on a major Avengers/MCU kick, so I had to throw in that reference. Welcome from another upper-Midwesterner (originally from the deep South though). If the Buzzaround is what led you here, you will be in good hands. There are many fuzz devotees in these parts.

Leevibe

Welcome, Chris. Looking forward to seeing your builds!