News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1590A Univibe & Klon

Started by dan.schumaker, August 08, 2019, 11:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

Here are two more circuits I worked up the last few weeks.  I've been on the lookout for some 9mm right angle dual gang pots to integrate into some of my 1590A boards.  I never had any luck finding them, as I have only been able to find the PC mount ones (like the ones Small Bear has).  I was turned onto looking at Thonk (https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/alpha-9mm-pots/) for some, and that was exactly what I was looking for.  So with some dual-gang pots on the way, I was able to finish up the Klon and Uni-vibe in a 1590A that I've been wanting to make.

The Rohirrim OD is my take on the Klon.  Pretty basic Klon circuit with a toggle switch to go between the 1N34A diodes and a pair of Red LED's.  I also integrated the relay bypass into this.  I am really happy with how the layout turned out and how it sounds.  It really has that transparent sweetness that Klon's are known for when using it as a clean boost.
1950 Rohirrim by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr

And the second is the Spiralizer Uni-Vibe.  I had the board for this designed well before I found the dual-gang pots.  I was trying to wrap my head around the most efficient way to use the PC mount pots on this one and was never really happy with any of the ideas I came up with.  So when I found the new pots, I ordered the board the next day!  This has that great throbby, swirly tone that a Uni-vibe is known for, it will make a great addition to the mini Gilmour board I am working on!
1951 Spiralizer by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr

cooder

Insanely good!

You do know that there are bigger enclosures that could make your life easier, don't ya...? ;)
Although storage would be a bigger problem even with the backing tray thing...
BigNoise Amplification

alanp

Guys? Time to give up on 1590A's. Dan has that segment pretty well cornered.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

mjg

One of these days, we'll discover that Dan hasn't been making tiny pedals, he's actually been using normal size enclosures, with large novelty size parts.   :P

Looks amazing as always, Dan.

dan.schumaker

Quote from: cooder on August 08, 2019, 03:16:01 PM
You do know that there are bigger enclosures that could make your life easier, don't ya...? ;)

What, what?  There are bigger enclosures!  Why didn't anyone tell me!  ;D

Quote from: mjg on August 08, 2019, 07:13:49 PM
One of these days, we'll discover that Dan hasn't been making tiny pedals, he's actually been using normal size enclosures, with large novelty size parts.   :P

Shhh.... don't tell anyone my secret  ;)

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper