News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

workstations...lets see them

Started by Thewintersoldier, August 08, 2019, 06:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I used to work from this diy workstation i made to build from my recording desk. it wasnt long before things got crowded. Parts everywhere, things falling over and builds became tedious. I was unorganized and my fun hobby was becoming a chore. So the past couple weeks I have been rearranging my "guitar" work bench and turned it into my all in one workstation for pedals.
Being a true diy champion and being on a budget, if i couldnt get it cheap or get what fit my needs I made it.

my drilling station

parts storage, $5 dollars at the salvation army

I have an all in one solder spool and iron holder/tip cleaner that I seperated to make feeding solder easier

I made this parts holder for builds. makes populating boards super easy and the work flow is great. its foam with aluminium for the tape to stick to.

My test rig because I learned the hard way to "RIBYBI"

but my newest addition is my homemade rotating pcb holder with removable helping hands and solder exhaust fan. look at all the lead and flux I'm not breathing anymore all in the carbon filter.

I'm really happy so far with it all but I know that soon I'll have changes to make but so far so good. Lets see what you guys are working with so I can get some more ideas and inspiration.
Chris

Who the hell is Bucky?

nzCdog

Hey, what a neat space to work in!  Love your PCB holder, very handy looking.  The filter on a a gooseneck clip idea is great, my extractor always seems so far from the action to be much use. Kudos, thanks for sharing

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

EBK

Thanks to the positive influence of our own dan.schumaker, my workspace is essentially the empty tray two-thirds of the way up this rack, which I load up with whatever I am presently working on (my Aquaboy Deluxe build at the moment).
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Freppo

Here's my little space in the corner of my recording studio. :)

nzCdog

Well here's mine.... Feeling totally blessed to have a decent space in the garage these days. I Used to solder PCBs in a small corner of the bedroom of our tiny house, and drill enclosures on the kitchen table. Not much happens in winter for me anymore however, it gets pretty cold out here.  That's an AB763 in very slow progress on the bench. :)

nzCdog

You know what, looking at that pic again... I just found my Bluetooth speaker! ;D

Thewintersoldier

some great ideas and its great to see that less is more sometimes.
Who the hell is Bucky?

alanp

I am so jealous of all you other guys' workstations.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

timbo_93631

The mothership.  Home.  The place where pickups happen. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

thesmokingman

Going to have to clean up some ... been busy and the work area shows it
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

alanp

As soon as one of the other two bugger off and get their own place, I'm turning one of my bedrooms into a studio/workbench. I've got a spare PC ready to go, a 20ch mixer, the works. (I have my own house, and my brother and sister board with me.)
- Terry Pratchett
My website

Willybomb

You really want to see it?  Ok then....

alanp

I fully approve of your organization style :)
- Terry Pratchett
My website