DeadEndFX

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: PMowdes2 on August 10, 2019, 03:31:54 AM
Tucked away in one corner of my living room, wish i had more space :(

I wish i could set up in my living room, I'm stuck in the basement
Who the hell is Bucky?

madbean

Quote from: Freppo on August 09, 2019, 10:36:15 AM
Here's my little space in the corner of my recording studio. :)

I've seen those PCB jigs before  -  where did you get it?

My workstation is basically the same as always. There's something quite special being worked up on the bench though!

Freppo

Quote from: madbean on August 10, 2019, 05:52:05 PM
I've seen those PCB jigs before  -  where did you get it?

It's an Ideal-tek PCSA1 PCB mount.
Expensive, but worth every cent. :)

I got mine from Conrad. Farnell and digikey also sells it.

culturejam

I have a total shit-sty of a work space. Just can't seem to keep 'er organized and neat. Doesn't stop the magic, granted, but it does take longer.   ;D

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

SirEgno

I have a room that should be a guest room, but... there's no space for guests  ;D

Inside there are music stuff, bike parts, all kind of tools...
My girlfriend says that I took over all the space, but there are also her clothes waiting to be ironed.

This is my desk. A friend of mine defined it the "MacGyver's desk"  :D

thesmokingman

cleaned up the recent shipping garbage and assimilated all the crap from my cube at my former job ... halfway usable now
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

Leevibe

Posting pics of mine would feel like confession. It's way too messy for me to be able to show anyone right now.

madbean

Quote from: culturejam on August 12, 2019, 09:52:41 PM
I have a total shit-sty of a work space. Just can't seem to keep 'er organized and neat. Doesn't stop the magic, granted, but it does take longer.   ;D

Oh my. We need to get you some storage bins!

EBK

For anyone that wants to claim their space is messy, this used to be me (slightly over a year ago):
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Leevibe

Quote from: EBK on August 13, 2019, 03:03:45 PM
For anyone that wants to claim their space is messy, this used to be me (slightly over a year ago):

Haha! I'm sure I would have accidentally put my iron into one of those boxes and torched the whole thing by accident.

EBK

Quote from: Leevibe on August 13, 2019, 03:14:16 PM
Haha! I'm sure I would have accidentally put my iron into one of those boxes and torched the whole thing by accident.
I will confess that my sense of smell has alerted me that a foreign object intruded into the place for my soldering iron on at least one occasion.   ::)

My favorite thing about that pic is the cardboard box at the very bottom.  It is labeled "Eric stuff", which must have been a very desperate attempt to suggest order in the chaos.   ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

timbo_93631

Quote from: EBK on August 13, 2019, 03:03:45 PM

All I see in this pic is a beautiful Hakko 888-D and some assorted confetti.  Love my Hakko!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

alanp

That isn't a mess. That's proof that things get done there.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

EBK

Quote from: timbo_93631 on August 13, 2019, 06:32:48 PM
All I see in this pic is a beautiful Hakko 888-D and some assorted confetti.  Love my Hakko!
Love my Hakko too! *high five*

Felt kind of bad for them after I ordered a second soldering tip directly from them (well, directly from their US presence).  They actually called me up and asked if there was ANYTHING else they could do for me or my company (no, they didn't say it in a lustful voice or anything).  The rep probably started rattling off a detailed sales pitch--I can't fully remember.  It seemed like I really let them down when I revealed myself to be a hobbyist (their choice of word). 

Still, top notch soldering station, even though I've never changed it from its default setting of 750 soldering magic units (must be degrees or something; I judged by the results that it seemed an appropriate enough number and never worried about it afterward :P).