News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

eqd tentacle

Started by Thewintersoldier, August 10, 2019, 08:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

painted the enclosure earlier this week and threw it together last night. Pedalpcb squidward board. The enclosure was from a different project that I ended up not getting into so I salvaged it by filling the holes with jb weld putty. Turned out pretty good all things considered. Sounds good, I used to have a hoof reaper and always wanted the tentacle as a standalone pedal.

Who the hell is Bucky?

JackSkellington

Nice, neat and clean! 8)

I build it on veroboard, layout from tagboard. Comparing the schematic in the document build from PedalPCB of this pedal with other schematics I found (Tentacle and Green Ringer) I noticed a difference: the output resistor across the ground is 10k and not 47k.
My Tentacle pedal works great about the ringing and the octave up effect, it sounds little fuzzy. I think it sounds how it should. In my there's a little volume boost.
How does work your Tentacle pedal?
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

Jay.lingelbach

Quote from: JackSkellington on August 10, 2019, 09:25:28 AM
Nice, neat and clean! 8)

I build it on veroboard, layout from tagboard. Comparing the schematic in the document build from PedalPCB of this pedal with other schematics I found (Tentacle and Green Ringer) I noticed a difference: the output resistor across the ground is 10k and not 47k.
My Tentacle pedal works great about the ringing and the octave up effect, it sounds little fuzzy. I think it sounds how it should. In my there's a little volume boost.
How does work your Tentacle pedal?

I'm working on the vero layout you are. Gonna drop it in a box tonight. I'll look out for the fuzziness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thewintersoldier

It sounds pretty clean, but with any circuit in this vein, it will have the slightest peach fuzz around the note.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Jay.lingelbach

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on August 10, 2019, 10:39:41 AM
It sounds pretty clean, but with any circuit in this vein, it will have the slightest peach fuzz around the note.
Good info. It's desirable for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

alanp

Is it an octave up pedal?

I fully approve of the labelling system :D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

JackSkellington

Yes, it's an octave up. It's not a OctaFuzz or something Jimi Hendrix style, but is not really really clean.
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

somnif

Quote from: alanp on August 10, 2019, 06:28:52 PM
Is it an octave up pedal?

Its pretty much the Dan Armstrong Green Ringer octave up with a few component value changes.

thesmokingman

built mine on I think a fuzzdog green ringer pcb using the tentacle's parts values. the only no-knob pedal I've got and I love throwing it into the mix for something different
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

TheDude

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on August 10, 2019, 10:39:41 AM
The one I built I find to be a touch fuzzy, but more of an issue is the lack of sustain. It works great with staccato notes and more consistent strumming/picking, but really just drops out if I try to let a note ring out. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk

The dude abides

AntonyMarsh

Hello...as per my knowledge It's essentially going to do the same as a green ringer. It sounds like it has a little more predominant octave but I'd bet that's what it is based off of at least.

https://www.7pcb.com/