News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Black Horse – Duplex Drive

Started by Bio77, August 14, 2019, 06:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

Here is a Black Horse Duplex Drive.  It's a Cornish SS2 G2 clone.  I'm not a muff fan, so, probably not the best judge to weigh in.  I do prefer this (G2 side) to other muffs I have palyed.

Here are the 1N5401 diodes I ordered from Mouser, made me laugh when I took them out of the foil.   

benny_profane

Looking good! Your graphics are turning out great!

I haven't tried the SS-2, but I dig the G-2. Did you keep the stock values or play around to brighten up the G-2?

And those diodes are pretty large. Those leads look to be about as thick as a 1n914!

somnif

That is one beefy polarity protection diode. Makes me wonder if it was just a case of Pete Cornish only having some amplifier or PSU circuit diodes around when he was designing the pedal and sticking with it (seriously, why else run a 3A 100V diode in a stompbox...)

jimilee

Those Cornish pedals are quite possibly my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Quote from: benny_profane on August 14, 2019, 07:31:50 PM
Looking good! Your graphics are turning out great!

I haven't tried the SS-2, but I dig the G-2. Did you keep the stock values or play around to brighten up the G-2?

And those diodes are pretty large. Those leads look to be about as thick as a 1n914!

Thanks!  I haven't tried any mods, is there a thread somewhere you could point me to?

Quote from: DFX on August 15, 2019, 01:44:16 AM
nice work. Have you changed the stock 2.2uf film caps for lower values in the G2?

I haven't looked into the mods, yet but will probably start.  I actually like the harmonics coming out of the G2 side compared to other muffs I've built/played.  Those have mostly been russian spec muffs.

Quote from: somnif on August 15, 2019, 02:36:20 AM

Oh, I thought I made a mistake and got the wrong size.  Didn't realize those were actually used in the original, that is weird. 
That is one beefy polarity protection diode. Makes me wonder if it was just a case of Pete Cornish only having some amplifier or PSU circuit diodes around when he was designing the pedal and sticking with it (seriously, why else run a 3A 100V diode in a stompbox...)

Bio77