News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dubnium Drive/DBA Interstellar Overdriver

Started by Hexjibber, August 13, 2019, 10:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexjibber

Had a request for one of these from a band mate so was happy to oblige thanks to finding a board from m-Kresol/Felix, great work!

After reading the various circuit analysis posts I was expecting trouble with it in regards to the weird reversed transistor set up but it ended up being fine.

For me it sounds great, kind of an overdrive with a fuzzy edge to it, pretty gnarly but definitely usable into a clean amp. Didn't get any of the gating some build reports mentioned using all 2N5089s however I tried swapping Q1 out for a 2N5088 and thought it sounded better, almost richer so left it in.

Etched with NaOH/caustic as per usual, would have liked it to be cleaner in places but my mate was happy so job done!

dawson

nice graphic!

thanks for sharing your etching method
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

m-Kresol

very cool build and I really dig the artwork. Simple, but effective.

Good to hear that my pcb creations are being used from time to time. I really appreciate it
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Hexjibber

Quote from: dawson on August 13, 2019, 11:05:36 AM
nice graphic!

thanks for sharing your etching method

Thanks! [emoji41] Hope the etching guide proved useful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hexjibber

Quote from: m-Kresol on August 13, 2019, 11:57:41 AM
very cool build and I really dig the artwork. Simple, but effective.

Good to hear that my pcb creations are being used from time to time. I really appreciate it

Ah glad you saw this! Thanks for taking the time to do the layout and docs, the build went smoothly thanks to you! Cheers!

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Yahoo67

Nice build :) i am gonna have to give m-kresol's board a try ... :/ i tried building the deluxe version of it and a supersonic fuzz gun both of them are super gated and wont even let sound pass unless my guitar volume is at max :/