News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Man O' War Tap Tempo?

Started by Mr. Lime, August 18, 2019, 12:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Lime

Hi guys,

Having finished a Total Recall delay and another DMM clone I wonder which delay would come next?
The DMM delays don't suite me much in my fx loop so I'm looking for another one and found the upcoming Man O' War project.
There seem to be two versions, where one's including a LFO while the other one has none. I was planning to build a PT2399 pedal which is modulated by a StompLFO from Electric Druid but wonder now, if an analog pedal can be hooked up just the same?
The Man O' War does have a vactrol as well so replacing the LFO should be fine..
What do you guys think?  :)

Boba7

I dont have your answer but I'd be interested too. Thinking of adding a stomp lfo to modulate an Aquababy... :)

madbean

It could be done with either The Aquababy/Boy or MoW, I think. The hookup would be slightly different since the StompLFO has a depth control so your photocell would be set up differently. My guess: on the Aqua you'd do it by having one end of the photocell connected to ground, the other end to a fixed resistor and the other end of that resistor connected to pin1 of the Delay pot. The value of that resistor would require some testing - anywhere from 22k to 220k, I'd guess. It's purpose is to prevent the modulation depth from going too crazy,

On the MoW it'd be nearly the same, except you connect to pin2 of the Delay pot instead (the delay controls are different between the circuits).

But, obviously, this only controls the modulation not the actual delay time. One thing I'm looking at is changing the elusive Timelapse (tt delay) from a Dm-2 to the AD-900 but with three BBDs instead of two. Maybe I'll do it. That project frustrates the f&*k out of me.

Boba7

Thanks! Ill have to try it then with my aquababy! I'll keep you posted.