News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tonebender MkII

Started by Thewintersoldier, August 25, 2019, 04:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Aion Tonebender MkII with ac125s I got from Lic pedals a while back. No deviations from the original schematic, pure vintage tone here. Rips thru my Tungsten Buckwheat. I did some painting yesterday so I'm boxing up 3 more build tomorrow so look out for 2 more benders and a pork barrel real soon.

Who the hell is Bucky?

Betty Wont

Nice! I miss lic. Great sorted rare transistors at a good price. Well done!

Bret608

I miss them too! That was where I liked to get shielded cable in addition to the occasional transistor.

Anyway, great build! Could I ask which brand of hammered spray paint you used? I'm planning on boxing a MkII in the next few weeks and am hoping to do that same color.

gordo

Wow, the originals wished they looked that good.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

aiaosu

Quote from: Torgoslayer on August 25, 2019, 05:23:31 PM
Is Lic Pedals not in business anymore?  I just saw on Ebay that "the seller is away". I like the way they sort and label transistors like those for the Tonebender.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bret608 on August 26, 2019, 07:55:57 AM
I miss them too! That was where I liked to get shielded cable in addition to the occasional transistor.

Anyway, great build! Could I ask which brand of hammered spray paint you used? I'm planning on boxing a MkII in the next few weeks and am hoping to do that same color.

Thanks, I use rustoleum hammered paints. Even though its paint and primer in one I still do two coats of primer and two or three coats of paint 5 mins between each coat. this is just regular silver. These are the best for hiding defects in the enclosure.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: aiaosu on August 26, 2019, 10:22:58 AM
Quote from: Torgoslayer on August 25, 2019, 05:23:31 PM
Is Lic Pedals not in business anymore?  I just saw on Ebay that "the seller is away". I like the way they sort and label transistors like those for the Tonebender.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
I got this set last december right before he dropped off. He's out of buisness right now and all my other sets are from smallbear or pedalhacker
Who the hell is Bucky?