News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

using Lowrider on Bass

Started by Louie B., August 27, 2019, 08:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louie B.

Hello.

I Just completed my first MBP project (My 4th overall project), the Lowrider.

Before I decide if it was a success or not, and before I start taking a million measurements and pics for the tech help forum, I wanted to get some feedback on Expectations for this pedal when running a Bass through it.
Namely the Octave up circuit. The build instructions mention how the guitar needs to be a certain way for it to have the best effect so I'm wondering if it normally has much effect on bass at all? My dry, low, and sub are all working fine. and fuzz works on the high, just when the fuzz is rolled off it sounds like the dry ran through a hp filter. no higher, just minus the lows if that makes sense. This is being fed directly from a Passive P-Bass then out into a Fender Rumble 200 w/ all EQ set flat and tweeter turned on.

jimilee

It works fantastic on bass. The lower octave is almost subsonic. Pickups just need a higher output. I found a bass that it doesn't work well with. The main issue with guitars is that some single coil pickups don't have enough output to trigger the octave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Louie B.

OK thanks, I just tried running through a preamp first then to the Lowrider and still only plays at standard octave. also 2 different basses, although both are Passive P-bass.

I ran through all of the Voltages and there are some crazy discrepancies so I will start a new thread in the Tech section.

Mods please feel free to delete this thread,