News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ProphecySoundSystems Infinitephase / AlanP HeavyWater.v0.2

Started by LaceSensor, August 31, 2019, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

I havent been building, well, anything, for well over a year I think. I dug out my parts box and soldering iron to build the Dinosaural OTC-201 recently, and as I was digging around for parts, I found a bag which I had clearly purchased back in about 2016 for all the components on the shopping list to make the Heavy Water - our very own AlanP's take on the ProphecySoundSystems Infinitephase. I located the PCB and one night when my wife was on nights, I started around 11:30pm and ended with the circuit ostensibly working around 4am - lights were flashing, "stonehenge" was glowing etc  ::) ::)

A bit of a debug later (sound kinda ground loop) and a decision to make the Phase Range trim an externally tweakable trim care of a bit of Vero, its now boxed up.
This thing really does go from phase 90 to another dimension and back again. Super cool. I heard that DeadEndFX have the blessing to bring out a production run PCB, so watch out for that in due course.

Here are some pics. The toner transfer isnt perfect, but I just got a new printer and felt it was "good enough".

Thanks to Alan for the PCB and listening to me whinge about ground hum on his thread  8)

lars

Nice, clean build, especially considering that many pots and LEDs; to get them all lined up like that. I can't imagine there is a phase sound this thing couldn't produce. This would be an interesting effect to run in the send/return loop of the Current Lover. Modulation madness!
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

LaceSensor

Quote from: lars on August 31, 2019, 09:19:09 AM
Nice, clean build, especially considering that many pots and LEDs; to get them all lined up like that. I can't imagine there is a phase sound this thing couldn't produce. This would be an interesting effect to run in the send/return loop of the Current Lover. Modulation madness!

It sounds pretty great in series with my FoxRox Paradox TZF Flanger...

diablochris6

Wow, what an endeavor! I'm a sucker for too many controls. Would you even need another phaser? I already know Jimi's answer to that question!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

DLW

Very nice! I built one of these, too. It's a fun pedal to tweak!

jimilee

Quote from: diablochris6 on August 31, 2019, 08:00:36 PM
Wow, what an endeavor! I'm a sucker for too many controls. Would you even need another phaser? I already know Jimi's answer to that question!
Oh hell yeah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

destro

Very cool Ian. Glad you got a chance to wield the soldering iron once again! Looks awesome!!

Martan

Awesome job! I found my bag of parts for this not too long ago. Will have to give it a go at some point:)

PMowdes2

Dino and I should have some boards for sale soon for the infinite phase, this will include the sample and hold, rate switch and pseudo stereo output, + expression jacks for some of the controls.

This is a dual stackable board with the controls, S&H, CV and LFO on the lower board, and the PSU, audio and phaser on the upper.

Hopefully Dino will get through the verification build soon and we can get them up on the store

DeadEndFX

LaceSensor

Hexjibber

Wow I just finished the Doubel Ganger and thought that was pretty comprehensive in terms of knobs to play with, this is next level! Great build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

selfdestroyer

digi2t

The build is coming along nicely. I'm just waiting on a bunch of pots from Tayda to finish up and start tuning.

bcalla

I haven't finished a pedal in over a year, but I want to build one of these.  Are the boards available anywhere?