Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Has anyone seen my solder paste?

Started by madbean, September 01, 2019, 06:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on September 02, 2019, 04:07:58 PM
Quote from: madbean on September 02, 2019, 03:21:24 AM
...which is my allegedly kidnapped solder paste tube.

Is this an SMD paste tube? For SMD soldering??

Aren't you supposed to put the tube in the fridge/freezer to preserve it over long periods of time??

Yep.  And generally it still has a relatively short lifespan.  Usually rated for 6 months.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

alanp

It's only a real derailment when there's a discussion on how to prepare and cook rotten corn.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

madbean

Well, this is bizarre. Earlier today I received an anonymous email with the following image attached. I'm not sure what to make of this. We did get some new neighbors a couple of months ago. I wonder if I should put them on the suspect list. I know for a fact it can't be from one of my dogs.

pickdropper

Quote from: madbean on September 02, 2019, 05:13:59 PM
Well, this is bizarre. Earlier today I received an anonymous email with the following image attached. I'm not sure what to make of this. We did get some new neighbors a couple of months ago. I wonder if I should put them on the suspect list. I know for a fact it can't be from one of my dogs.

I think you're going to have to compare the intrinsic value of the meatballs (materials + prep time) vs. the devalued (due to age) cost of the solder paste.

Remember that solder paste ages logarithmically.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gordo

Oops, I thought the label said Preparation H.  I gotta get my glasses checked...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

alanp

They're after a Meatball... a Lovetone fan, then...

LaceSensor, give Brian back his solder paste!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

midwayfair

Good boys don't lie, can't be your dog.

madbean

Quote from: midwayfair on September 03, 2019, 01:59:50 PM
Good boys don't lie, can't be your dog.

True, but mine also read and write at 7th grade proficiency so I eliminated them based on spelling and grammar. Unless it's a ruse.

benny_profane

peterc

Go to the place that you are SURE THAT THE PASTE HAS  NEVER  BEEN  AND  WILL  NEVER BE, and there you  will find it.
Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

somnif

I'll ask the Armadillos at work tomorrow if they've seen it. Granted, they're skeletal, but worth a shot I suppose.

sonnyboy27

Quote from: alanp on September 01, 2019, 07:31:16 PM
That always confuses me a bit. Rather than small-medium-big, DDMMYY, or big-medium-small YYMMDD, you guys go medium-small-big MMDDYY.

Date formatting is super confusing when you're trying to book hotels in another country for an early date in the month.

It's even worse in programming where we use number of milliseconds since Jan 1, 1970. Then we convert that to a readable date and send it somewhere else which has to convert it to its own time zone (which would have been easier if it was still in ms). I've spent a significant amount of my career just changing the formatting of dates.

madbean

Quote from: peterc on September 03, 2019, 11:00:08 PM
Go to the place that you are SURE THAT THE PASTE HAS  NEVER  BEEN  AND  WILL  NEVER BE, and there you  will find it.

Well, the last place I would suspect is behind the toilet in the women's restroom at the local Arby's but I already have a lifetime ban there and I am not going back to jail.

I decided to review security footage from that period and found something interesting on the night of June 2nd. Not sure what to make of it.

Leevibe

If your security cam weighs more than a banana peel then I'd say you have your answer.

nzCdog

That guy looks familiar.  I never forget a moustache