News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Klein Bottle problem :(

Started by Masochist, September 06, 2019, 11:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

Just happening now.  Doesn't matter what pedals I have in the loop.  I haven't touched anything since I initially completed the build. I've let the pedal sit unused on a shelf between the time of initial successful testing and now. 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Masochist

Ok I've just received a reply from Peter..

"My original design did use a buffer for the bias voltage, but it had some major issues. It's been so long since I was at that part of the design phase, so I can't remember exactly what the problems were. I just remember that when I abandoned the buffered bias and went to a simple voltage divider using 1k resistors, it worked great."

EBK

I'm still going to move forward with the buffer board.  As an engineer, it makes sense to me, and I cannot see a scenario where it would cause a problem.  Of course, I need to fix other things before I move forward.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Masochist

I like your attitude!! I too will sit it out and await your results.

Masochist

How's the KB repair going man? Found the source of the problem yet? Hopefully it's something obvious/easy to identify!

EBK

Haven't cracked it open yet.  Maybe tonight I will reflow all of the pots and switches.  Hoping that's all I need to do.

benny_profane

Quote from: EBK on October 02, 2019, 09:51:42 AM
Haven't cracked it open yet.  Maybe tonight I will reflow all of the pots and switches.  Hoping that's all I need to do.

For your sake, I'm hoping that's the case as well.

Masochist

Keeping all extremities crossed for you!! Best of luck.

Masochist

Any luck getting your KB functional again dude?

EBK

Haven't worked on it.  Focusing on a couple other projects at the moment.