News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

World's biggest pedal board???

Started by Leevibe, September 09, 2019, 12:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

I don't want to be snarky, but how is this the world's biggest pedal board? Wouldn't it rightly be called "most pedalboards strung together?" It's 34 boards, not one board. What am I missing? It's still a fun idea but some poor dude is out there somewhere who really does have the world's largest board. I feel sorry for him whoever he is.

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/creating-worlds-largest-pedalboard/?utm_content=article2-image&utm_source=insync&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20190907-t1-noaes

skyled

I bet Dennis Kayzer could build a bigger one out of his personal collection.

EBK

I have to agree that this shouldn't count as a single board.  I also don't like it (I changed my mind about using stronger negative language).

I'm more impressed by this, which is just as practical:
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

dawson

^DS-1 dog house is way more practical than 34 boards strung together.
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

Leevibe

Quote from: EBK on September 09, 2019, 12:39:51 PM
I have to agree that this shouldn't count as a single board.  I also don't like it (I changed my mind about using stronger negative language).

I'm more impressed by this, which is just as practical:

Whoa. If Nigel had this he'd need a cello to play his guitar with.

gordo

It's all fun and games till you need to find a replacement knob...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Call me when it's in the round with several tiers and you need an elevator to turn the pedals on.

EBK

Quote from: gordo on September 09, 2019, 04:25:06 PM
Largebear carries them, I bet.   ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

madbean

Quote from: EBK on September 09, 2019, 04:26:29 PM
Quote from: gordo on September 09, 2019, 04:25:06 PM
Largebear carries them, I bet.   ;D

If anyone gets this....

thesmokingman

this devolved perfectly, thank you.
also ... no lovetone, no world record
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

Muadzin

Quote from: Leevibe on September 09, 2019, 12:21:48 PM
I don't want to be snarky, but how is this the world's biggest pedal board? Wouldn't it rightly be called "most pedalboards strung together?" It's 34 boards, not one board. What am I missing?

It's all about the definition. And apparently nowhere did the definition state that it had to be on a single pedal board. It was just about pedals being strung together. And in a sense that's kinda okay. Because just because you have the biggest piece of wood holding pedals doesn't mean it has the most pedals. Some people stack their pedals very efficiently (thank you top mounted jacks for allowing that!), others leave so much space between them you could take a walk through them.

QuoteIt's still a fun idea but some poor dude is out there somewhere who really does have the world's largest board. I feel sorry for him whoever he is.

My money is on Radiohead's Ed O'Brien.  ;D That or one of the guitarists from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Because while some people can build the biggest boards in private back home, unless you have roadies to haul it around for you practicality will at some point rear its ugly head.

Quote from: thesmokingman on September 09, 2019, 05:53:14 PM
this devolved perfectly, thank you.
also ... no lovetone, no world record

I think they went with what Sweetwater had in house. And I doubt they still have out of production vintage pedals. Well, they might, but I reckon they would contribute these for this attempt. Especially since some of these boards were given to the people that worked on them. Jared Dines did a vid about the board with 3 whammy units that he was given.

lars

Quote from: Leevibe on September 09, 2019, 12:21:48 PM
Wouldn't it rightly be called "most pedalboards strung together?" It's 34 boards, not one board.
I agree. This is more like, "most pedals strung together in a ridiculous way that one guitarist could never use it". Technically, I think the world's largest pedalboard has existed for as long as rock music:
it's called a stage.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....