News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ebay FAUX US Sellers

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, September 16, 2019, 12:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Has anyone else been the victim of the fake "US sellers" on fleabay? Bought some memory chips early last week from a "US seller" (I typically check the box for US Only) and the deal went through and got an email saying the package was shipped.

Checked on the progress today and the tracking on the USPS site says "Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending"

This has been the same since Monday of last week!!

These people need to be vetted and if they do not have stock in the US then they need to be booted from the US seller's list. Such a pain in the rear end!!

:rantover:

jimilee

The USPS has been doing that a lot here lately.  I don't know what their deal is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lars

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on September 16, 2019, 12:48:35 PM
These people need to be vetted and if they do not have stock in the US then they need to be booted from the US seller's list.
I think the only criteria Ebay has for listings anymore is that it makes money for them in any way shape or form. It's almost like they have set themselves up to be a safe haven for shadiness (who are the primary investors/owners of Ebay these days anyway?). I received an Ebay-promoted email the other day that clearly had a fake Dave Grohl Gibson guitar as one of the main items. It said "Gibson" on the headstock in the wrong color, and even had a fake version of the artist's signature on the back with the wrong model number. It was a "buy it now" for $300. Yeah, that's how much that guitar costs. Does Ebay care or check these things out? No.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

Aentons

I think you just have to have a payment method with a US billing address. I agree that they should police it more.

The "New" and "New (other)" thing bothers me too.

Cybercow

Whenever I think I want to buy any electronic components from eBay, I always check their stats - what is their ratings percentile (I only select 99+%), they must have at least 100 successful sales with a 5 star rating, they must take PayPal and they MUST have a return policy. With that criteria, I rarely have any issues with parts from eBay.

As for the fake US sellers, I take the time and report them to eBay. They get around the "USA Only" check box by using a fake (or even real) US address in their account settings. So far, everyone that I've reported were dealt with by eBay and they closed their account or changed their location status. If you work with eBay, they will work with you.
Cybercow - aka: Mark Davis

"Don't let your talent take you where your character can't keep you."