News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1981 Inventions DRV clone (Gigahearts 1983)

Started by LaceSensor, September 14, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Inspired by the fact that TGP have been slavering over this for some time, and the schematic is now out there (thanks Dan Schunaker)
I have built a clone of the DRV on vero. Not built anything on vero for a long time, this went together ok - make a slight bodge which the keen eyed will see.

I must admit it sounds really good - doesnt have that sag that most normal Rats do. I appreciate some people like that, but I find it a bit bothersome.
Can't beleive the price these tend to go for.

Because I wasnt bothered to save space this has gone in a 1790xx case  ;D buffered bypass - apparently its a klon buffer but the parts values dont ring true to me from very distant memory... I could be wrong (!) 1983 because the original is 1981 and I was born in 1983  8)

lars

Nice. You definitely captured the aesthetic of the original.
I wonder if someone will come up with a pedal that combines a RAT, Big Muff, Tubescreamer, and Klon into one transparent fuzz/distortion/overdriver? It will be worth 100 million billion...thousand.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

LaceSensor

heh, thanks - I was definitely keen to steal the artwork ideas.

The thing with what your describing would appeal to us - a multi-tool large preamp type peadal with 12 knobs.
The TGP overdrive bunch like 4 knobs max  ::) ::) 8)

Willybomb

Looks good, I like your pot/vero mounting.  Might try that sometime on a build I have space in....

LaceSensor

Quote from: Willybomb on September 17, 2019, 09:21:25 PM
Looks good, I like your pot/vero mounting.  Might try that sometime on a build I have space in....

Thanks
Yeah you need the space to do that. You can also build pedals such as the fuzz factory this way, in a board mounted pcb/vero mash up