News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hellboy - GoosoniqueWorx Seventheaven and Jok3rX Blackforest...

Started by Willybomb, September 17, 2019, 07:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all, here's Hellboy.

The red channel is Goosoniqueworx's seventh heaven Bogner red clone, the black channel is Jok3rX's Black Forest Uberschalle clone.  Both are on vero.  I included a buffer to kill any squeal, not that there was, and a charge pump to give a selectable 9/18v.  The boost switch handles both circuits.  In the case of the red channel, the boost is actually on the Structure toggle, and the structure is on the Boost footswitch because it works better as a channel switch that way.

Sounds killer.  That's about it.

Aleph Null

That's a lot of gain! The printed templates on top of the vero is a clever idea. I'm sure it's easy to get lost on a vero board that big.

Willybomb

It minimises the mistakes on the board, but it doesn't stop stupid mistakes like wiring the board ground to the input jack tip....  :o

gordo

Holy balls that's a cool looking build.  I've never understood how anyone figures out a vero more complex than a FF.  But THIS?  Would keep me up at nights till it worked...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Willybomb

JackSkellington

«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

Willybomb

One's more high gain than the other.  The 7thHeaven is more rock, while the Black Forest is more metal.  The eqs on both drives are extremely flexible, btw.

Basically, several effects in one box is sorta what I do.  It's not that often that I'll do something with a single footswitch.  It might be a bit less flexible in the long term, but it keeps the pedalboard footprint down (I don't think this is going to make it to the board though).  Have a look at some of my other build reports for more examples (Leviathan and Megatron are fairly extreme examples, Ammocan and Hyperactive Hyperdrive a bit less so).

The 7thHeaven is really asking to be in it's own box with 3 footswitches - on, structure, and boost.

Willybomb

I think there are pcb etch layouts for the Black Forest on diystompboxes, but I'm not aware of any pcbs per se.