News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

choral reef and old school problem

Started by mmmrb, September 21, 2019, 07:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmmrb

Hello all,
Please forgive me if my english sound weird, i'm french :) I order all the vfe pedal collection and I finish most project successfully, i still waiting some pots for the blues king, triplet and blueprint to finish them. I have some problem however with three build. The focus do not produce any sound, true bypass work, when i activate the pedal the led is on but their's no sound (no dry or wet signal). I realize the zener diode on the switching board broke i don't know how. The glass is broke, and i check the voltage and their is 0v on the v- and -5.7v on v+ so i guess the problem is from here, so i will change the zener and see if it works... Or maybe you thing it come from elsewhere ?

However i have two more annoying problem. First is the old school. Overall everything seems to working fine, the tremolo and control are working, except the 9mm a500k starve control that spits. I will change him asap. However the pedal make a constant (not very strong but you can ear it well..) high noise. I also ear some slight motoring. Do you have any advice how to deal with this problem ?

I also have a problem with the choral reef. When i start building the vfe pedals i didn't make effect pedals for years, so i was a little rusty. I wanted to start with the choral reef because i like chorus a lot, but i guess i should had start with a more simple build. The schema of how to cable the dc jack is very confusing (sorry madbean) and should be more clear. I'm sure i switch the 9v and + on the switching board. I look for a proper schematic of a dc jack and i realize my mistake.
Since this the choral reef do not show any chorusing. True bypass work and led show up when i activate the pedal. Their is also the dry signal but no wet at all. I check the voltage and they seems very low. 3.6v on the v- and 6.7v on the v+. Voltage is also low on the ICs, same 3.6v  on the TLE2074 etc
What do you recommend me to do ?