News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NomNom and Smoothie Troubleshooting

Started by rmjlmartin, September 30, 2019, 06:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

The circuit isn't calibrated for them. Haberdasher is a stand up dude, you can buy his wares with no worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

rmjlmartin

Well, it was the transistors. I got a couple of matched 2N5952 quads, thanks to Haberdasher (Lectric-fx.com), and they work in both.

It sounds like Jimilee, at least, is familiar with Haberdasher, but for anyone reading this who isn't, let me put in a plug for him. He was very helpful, and has some very interesting-looking pcb's for sale in his store. I'll definitely be ordering some from him in the future.

And thanks to all of you who took the time to offer advice. I've built and/or repaired several dozen pedals at this point, though I don't understand nearly as much as I'd like about how all this stuff works, and people on this forum have saved me quite a bit of time and headache several times when I had some issues. You guys are great! Hopefully I'll be able at some point to help some of you out, too.

jimilee

Fantastic, can't wait to hear it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.