News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mammoth Electronics Acquisition

Started by TeleCrunch, October 05, 2019, 09:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeleCrunch

For others who order parts from Mammoth, I thought I would share this response from adminassist@mammothelectronics.c*m regarding a recent order with the usual wrong part.

"Mammoth Electronics is currently in negotiation to be acquired by another company. We will no longer be taking parts orders after October 15th. Due to this reason we are unable to give you a credit for the part, but are more than happy to refund you.

Please let us know if we can assist you with anything else.

Thank you for your business,
  Mammoth Electronics"

No Squid Pro Quo

Porthos

They have seriously pissed me off! I order custom enclosures from them and recently put together a order for the holidays...

This is what I got 10 days after I placed the order...

"We had to cancel your order for the custom enclosures.

We aren't taking any more custom enclosure orders.

The holiday order cue is full.

Thanks for being a great customer. "

How is that for customer service! WTF!!  :o

Looking for another printer so if anyone has any good suggestions please let me know..

Cheers

J

pickdropper

Yeah, it's getting dicey out there.  First PPP increased their enclosure qty to 25 min.  That's fine for production stuff, but not great if you just need a few enclosures.

And with Mammoth in flux, there just aren't as many options for powder coated enclosures.

I am sure that Tayda has had a negative effect on both of those.  But their "powder coating" is very odd.  The boxes themselves are fine, but I'm not a fan of whatever coating they put on it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

thesmokingman

glad I didn't place my most recent order with them
you'd think they might update the website to reflect these changes ...
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

jalmonsalmon

Gotta go small bear. Small bear has 7 colors. Better then nothing or else do it yourself  :o  I wonder what is up with PPP. They are pricey but loved their custom colors!
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

pickdropper

Quote from: jalmonsalmon on October 06, 2019, 01:48:00 PM
Gotta go small bear. Small bear has 7 colors. Better then nothing or else do it yourself  :o  I wonder what is up with PPP. They are pricey but loved their custom colors!

I think PPP is migrating out of the DIY space.  This is purely conjecture, but I suspect it's the case.  The fact that they are no longer going to be carrying parts and that you have to order a min 25 of the same color/size enclosure sure looks like the shift is towards catering more towards the small/medium run boutique builders.
Function f(x)

lars

Quote from: TeleCrunch on October 05, 2019, 09:53:39 AM
"Mammoth Electronics is currently in negotiation to be acquired by another company.
Amazon?
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

movinginslomo

Dad gave me a kit from them this past birthday last january. Kit was missing several parts, they chalked it up to a "bad picker". It was their blue box clone (name escapes me, I have it somewhere in this room...deviator or something) with a pre-finished and printed enclosure. The circuit never worked as they never included the DIP sockets for the chips and I soldered them direct and possibly damaged one. After fighting with it I finally got it to make some sort of sound, but it was doomed from the start and eventually had too many damaged pads from me refusing to let it die that I finally gave up on it. I was less than pleased. I had ordered kits from them in the past and had zero issues (that weren't my own). Bummed. Haven't ordered since.

Willybomb

It was confirmed in the DIYstompboxes FB group today that they're changing hands.

somnif

Quote from: Willybomb on October 07, 2019, 09:21:14 PM
It was confirmed in the DIYstompboxes FB group today that they're changing hands.

I'm not terribly surprised. If you read the linkdin profile of the founder, this is the 3rd or 4th company he's done this with (using all manner of resume speak of course).

Hope whoever picks the company up keeps an online storefront active (and actually hires some decent managers to run the place)

pickdropper

Quote from: somnif on October 07, 2019, 09:25:52 PM

I'm not terribly surprised. If you read the linkdin profile of the founder, this is the 3rd or 4th company he's done this with (using all manner of resume speak of course).

Hope whoever picks the company up keeps an online storefront active (and actually hires some decent managers to run the place)

On a plus side, they could potentially be more profitable with the simple change of correctly fulfilling orders. They must spend a significant amount of money on reshipping incorrect orders.
Function f(x)

benny_profane

Quote from: pickdropper on October 06, 2019, 02:08:10 PM
Quote from: jalmonsalmon on October 06, 2019, 01:48:00 PM

I think PPP is migrating out of the DIY space.  This is purely conjecture, but I suspect it's the case.  The fact that they are no longer going to be carrying parts and that you have to order a min 25 of the same color/size enclosure sure looks like the shift is towards catering more towards the small/medium run boutique builders.

From a recent phone conversation with them, this does seem to be the case. I don’t believe there are plans in the foreseeable future to again offer low-volume custom enclosure orders. They do sell blems, though, and they are honestly better quality than what you might receive at other places for standard powder coating (i.e., non-blems).

benny_profane

Quote from: pickdropper on October 08, 2019, 05:06:21 AM
Quote from: somnif on October 07, 2019, 09:25:52 PM

On a plus side, they could potentially be more profitable with the simple change of correctly fulfilling orders. They must spend a significant amount of money on reshipping incorrect orders.

Definitely agree with this.

madbean

Maybe I dreamed this but didn't pinkjimiphoton say he was making an offer on them?

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber