News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Man O' War DX Mouser Project?

Started by Isaiah, October 21, 2019, 03:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaiah

Hi folks,
Does anybody have a Mouser Project for the Man O' War DX that they could share, please?

Thanks!

madbean

I could probably put one together today. There are going to be some parts they don't have, of course.

Isaiah

Wow! That would be unbelievably helpful, thank you!
I know they tend not to have the PCB-mount pots or the more audio/stompbox-specific components (BBDs, Companders etc), but they're fairly easy to source from elsewhere.
Punching in all the different resistor and capacitor values is the bit I worry about in case i order the wrong parts, especially due to the varying sizes of the capacitors.

Are there particular brands or series of capacitors available at Mouser that work fairly well on MBP PCBs in terms of physical size?

Thanks again!

madbean

Here's a Mouser project I created. I checked it over and it seems good but I make no guarantees. Best to check for yourselves.
https://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=37df66c7b3

The items highlighted in orange are in the cart. The other ones require smallbear or similar. There are three resistors at the end of the cart which I added out of order.

Invertiguy

That's awesome Brian, thanks a bunch! I was gonna place an order soon anyway for some other projects and that'll save a ton of time!
Doomsday Devices

madbean

Quote from: Isaiah on October 21, 2019, 07:44:11 AM
Are there particular brands or series of capacitors available at Mouser that work fairly well on MBP PCBs in terms of physical size?

The stuff in the project I created are exactly what I use. Xicon resistors, MLCC, low-profile electrolytic caps, box type film caps or similar. The mbp PCBs accommodate a variety of component makers. Really, it's just about using parts with the correct lead spacing and voltage ratings. They all come more or less in the right sizes once you have it narrowed down in those two categories. Some of the low profile electros are fatter than the 11mm tall ones but I design the PCBs with that in mind so they are not too close together.

Isaiah

This is incredibly helpful, thank you!
I really appreciate you taking the time to put that together.