Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Man O War Deluxe

Started by danfrank, September 28, 2019, 06:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Quote from: Cybercow on November 04, 2019, 08:14:33 PM
Quote from: madbean on November 01, 2019, 06:04:38 PM
I'm working on the LED bug issue right now and it's actually a bit tougher nut to crack than I initially thought (as far as finding the simplest, least intrusive fix). I think I know what to do at this point. I should have a final update tomorrow.

Any further word on this? I'm about done populating my Man-O-War Deluxe and currently on hold to leave room for any mods if need be. Thanks!

Solution has been found! Or rather, you found it :) A 2M2 from IC pin3 to ground fixes the issue. I'll type up the correction and post it in the errata section.

Mark, expect a little something in the mail from me soon. This one had be knackered. I tried several other solutions before yours and none of them were nearly as easy or clever. You kinda saved my bacon here.

Cybercow

Quote from: madbean on November 05, 2019, 04:51:14 PM
Quote from: Cybercow on November 04, 2019, 08:14:33 PM
Quote from: madbean on November 01, 2019, 06:04:38 PM
I'm working on the LED bug issue right now and it's actually a bit tougher nut to crack than I initially thought (as far as finding the simplest, least intrusive fix). I think I know what to do at this point. I should have a final update tomorrow.

Any further word on this? I'm about done populating my Man-O-War Deluxe and currently on hold to leave room for any mods if need be. Thanks!

Solution has been found! Or rather, you found it :) A 2M2 from IC pin3 to ground fixes the issue. I'll type up the correction and post it in the errata section.

Mark, expect a little something in the mail from me soon. This one had be knackered. I tried several other solutions before yours and none of them were nearly as easy or clever. You kinda saved my bacon here.

Brian - that's rather re-assuring. Thanks! Now I feel better both about what I recall about electronics and moving forward with this build. Here's how I plan to tack a 1/8 watt 2M2 Ω resistor from the center pin of the 3-way toggle (which is connected directly to pin 3 of IC 7-A) to ground - at the #1 lug of the Feedback pot nearby. (hopefully the image uploaded correctly.)

Glad I could help.
Cybercow - aka: Mark Davis

"Don't let your talent take you where your character can't keep you."